View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2017, 03:26 PM
I think i will be o.k Moyra, just a bug, Steve has the same...Lol i gave it him..i was always taught to share Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2017, 05:48 PM
Popped out to get some flowers for Paul and Beth and treats for the dogs and some sweets for the children.
Poppy is very quiet and has a big wound which isn't healing to quick. They have to wait for the scan for a couple of weeks due to poppy having two anesthetics one after the other.
They think the wart thing had progressed form something inside and they think that might be her spleen.
The ct scan will confirm that.

Hope you feel better soon griff.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-11-2017, 06:45 PM
Evening all.
Been clear and rather cold here.
My big sis is coming here tomorrow so I have been dispatched to the local convenience store on several occasions to get that "last" vital ingredient. On the last occasion there was a a couple of young (late teens) sitting on the low wall. They made a fuss over the dog so I gave the guy the lead and asked him to hang on to Max. He did. And Max was fine. Not that there was any hanging on to do. Max just lies and waits.

Trusting? Yes, I suppose so. They were happy to do it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-11-2017, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Trusting? Yes, I suppose so.
'evening Besoeker, you can usually tell with a few words if they are intelligent and responsible youths. Even so I'm not sure if I would have done that.

We only have one store in our village and there's a big steel bar embedded in a concrete block, it's there for people to hook there dog to while they pop in the shop.

I haven't used that either, partly 'cos they are always in the car and it's easier to leave them there for a few minutes.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-11-2017, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
still got this sore throat / cough and feeling tired..
Sorry to read that, hope it goes away soon, do you take daily vitamin pills In winter I think they are worth taking, maybe not every day but regularly at least.

The kamikazi squirels were out in force to day Three went under the car and so far as I could see (In my rear view mirror) they all survived but don't know how long that will last
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-11-2017, 04:58 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'evening Besoeker, you can usually tell with a few words if they are intelligent and responsible youths. Even so I'm not sure if I would have done that.

We only have one store in our village and there's a big steel bar embedded in a concrete block, it's there for people to hook there dog to while they pop in the shop.

I haven't used that either, partly 'cos they are always in the car and it's easier to leave them there for a few minutes.
You are right. Within a few words you can usually tell. I could probably have just dropped the lead or not even had him on it.
But there are cars around and isn't a risk I would take.

Anyway, neither the the guy notrthe dog had moved half an inch when I came back out.

We have had Max a bit over two years now. He is a sharp cookie but collies are rated right up there. How he knows what he knows still surprises me. For example, he almost always goes out when we do. As he should. But, somehow he knows when he isn't invited. Hospital visits and the like. He just flops down in on the conservatory floor with that gooey eyed look and, as far as we can tell, doesn't move from that spot until we get back.

Then there is the rapturous welcome when we return. Something you could't buy. Yes, our rescue dog is a keeper.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-11-2017, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
He is a sharp cookie but collies are rated right up there. How he knows what he knows still surprises me.
I do agree with you about Collies, they are far more intelligent than some other breeds.

We have Newfoundlands, I would rate them as about average in the intelligence category

But our Casey is way below that I was trying recently to think of who (in the human context) he reminds me of, and the most perfect match is in John Steinbecks novel 'Of Mice and Men' where there are two main characters.

George, who is the smart, hard one, and Lennie who is not smart but is loveable and kind and very strong. That's Casey in every way

You've probably read the book, it's one of my favorites, it's a film as well.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2017, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I do agree with you about Collies, they are far more intelligent than some other breeds.

We have Newfoundlands, I would rate them as about average in the intelligence category

But our Casey is way below that I was trying recently to think of who (in the human context) he reminds me of, and the most perfect match is in John Steinbecks novel 'Of Mice and Men' where there are two main characters.

George, who is the smart, hard one, and Lennie who is not smart but is loveable and kind and very strong. That's Casey in every way

You've probably read the book, it's one of my favorites, it's a film as well.

I love that film and that book have to say never watched the film until recently. When I say recently I mean last 2 years LOL
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2017, 12:04 PM
Doesn't take much to confuse me these days but isn't it Wednesday today not Monday? bg!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2