Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2017, 08:32 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 4th November

Good morning everyone, hope you are all fit and well. Griff you will have to shake off that cold. My sinuses are bad but always are first thing in the morning, hopefully they will dry up a bit as the morning goes on.

Besoeker glad Max is becoming accustomed to the sound of fireworks, must admit we haven't had that many going off here but having said that probably will tonight and tomorrow.

Not a very nice morning out there but must get Amber out poor lass corking it up!

Have a good day all both two and four legged friends, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2017, 09:10 AM
Morning all.

Raining here, one niece flown out to Lanzarote this morning with her chap and two other couples.

MoyraHope Amber is uncorked now..............LOL...............sounds like your weather is like ours here...........
Besoeker Pleased Max is tolerating the fireworks. I suspect its because he knows he is pefectly safe with his family.
Lynn hope the phone problem is solved and this is the coming week for a stair lift to be fitted., I feel this is the week....one of my parcels arrived one more today then the other when the 3rd book is released.
Mandy How lovely that your son and daughter in law are setting
up their own Christmas. A fusion of family rituals and routines.When is your test?

Right all back to work, have a fantastic day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2017, 09:29 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope Amber is now uncorked and you are back home in the warm and dry

Don't work too hard Kazz and enjoy your parcels.

Hope cold is not too bad Griff.

Wet here too but managed to get out for my walk before it really started. All plans for today are now on hold

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2017, 10:58 AM
It is still peeing it down here. Just hasn't eased up at all. It's the pits.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-11-2017, 11:20 AM
Just managed between showers to clean out the roof gutter yet again. managed to remove half an Atom skyvac tub full . This time of year looks as if it will need clearing out frequently.

Our garden this morning

And I had cleared it all only yesterday. Thank goodness for the leaf blower

Looking at the four oak trees the leaves at last are turning colour
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2017, 11:34 AM
Morning all, it's not a full blown cold i have...i don't know what it is...i feel odd
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2017, 12:33 PM
Griff, maybe it’s a virus you’ve got. I had one that made me feel spaced out. Take care, keep warm & drink lots of water.

T’weed. We got fed up clearing out gutters and recently have invested in Hedgehogs (no not the real ones) a sort of brush on a length of wire that stops them getting clogged. Time will tell!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-11-2017, 01:22 PM
Afternoon Moyra and all who have followed and those still to follow.
My word it has rained and hard. It slowed down around 9 so we took Dillon out to the shop as we had a parcel to post. He is now laying in a big old bath towel drying off.
We were thinking of doing some gardening today but had to rethink, in the end even to wet to go out to a garden centre. So Gorden is setting up the new phone. Even though we have no dial tone still and an engineer coming out on Monday morning.
The upstairs phone rang twice last night and no one on the other end then I panicked was Peter trying to get in touch even though they know the phone is out of order was half expecting Michael to come banging the door down.
Which he didn't thankfully and I slept the night with my mobile phone next to me which I do not like doing under normal circumstances.
I am on a coffee break as I am busy painting the bedroom. Using the Harris paint pads which are quite good .
That will be one room down and then the hall and living room to go. Front bedroom is good to go not my personal choice of colour but neutral and I have lived with it for 4 years and hopefully won't be here for another 4 years so i can shut the door on it and not worry.

Hope Amber is now uncorked Moyra. griff hope you feel better soon.
Sue glad you got your walk before the heavens opened. Kazz hope your day is going well.
Barry your garden looks like ours with the leaves and most of them aren't ours at the top of the garden but off Paul and Beth's beech tree another thing I won't miss.
twix glad you feel better now.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2017, 02:18 PM
Lynn, would you like me to ask my dad what could be the cause of no dial tone??
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2017, 02:47 PM
You are doing well Liz. Amber's clock is still not right. I am trying to get her to give it another 15 minutes or so before I take her out. She has access to the patio through her dog flap during the night not that she likes to use it. Steve is not home yet but then he is working longer hours again. Thankfully!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >