Female 

23-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Lovely to see you again Lynn and nice to hear Gill is okayish,
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2017, 03:05 PM
Thank you Kazz.
The problem with the stair lift is Gill has two very narrow turns on her stairs so the bar that the chair goes up and down on has had to be specially made. In Germany I believe.
So it's taking forever her and Peter really need it now it is not doing Peter much good having to get her up and down stairs for bed.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Gill ok picked up a bit
That's good to read. I was a tad concerned for both of you and very glad that my thoughts were wrong.

It's comming up to the time when you need to push Beth & Paul a bit 'cos you really want to be looking seriously from Jan. onwards and that's only just over 60 days away.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2017, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thank you Kazz.
The problem with the stair lift is Gill has two very narrow turns on her stairs so the bar that the chair goes up and down on has had to be specially made. In Germany I believe.
So it's taking forever her and Peter really need it now it is not doing Peter much good having to get her up and down stairs for bed.
Ahhh I see so no delay in getting it just the manufacture.......hope it arrives soon.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2017, 03:50 PM
really hope the stairlift bit gets a move on Lynn and pleased Gill has picked up a little
Lol Kazz, i think he would be a lot kinder to Moyra after a stay at ours too!!
Crikey, 60 days until January...that year has gone really quickly
need to sort out some dinner...sandwich i think
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2017, 04:41 PM
Moyra point him in the direction of my piece about the journey from Inverness and he will soon realise that dogs can hold them selves for hours if needs be. Half an hour is nothing. Who does Amber belong to, you or him? Yep you so tell him to do one. Sorry it makes me so cross. She will be fine and so will you if you are warmer with having a cuppa inside you to face getting up in the chilly mornings. I try not to say to much but he needs sorting out.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-10-2017, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I just do not understand the delay in the stair lift.........
Today we went to Houghton Hall Park (Houghton Regis).
A major restoration has just been completed. There are children's play facilities, walks through thee woods, a formal garden, and a modern cafe.

It's a really lovely place to take the dog and have a spot of lunch.

Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-10-2017, 07:59 PM
I'm sure this isn't the correct section but maybe a mod can move it to the correct section although it is related to an incident this evening.

We, the dog and I were walking home at about 5:30 pm. A loud firework was let off close by. He got quite stressed. Panicked would be puting it a bit strongly. He didn't bolt off but he clearly was visibly upset.

Some of our friends have suggested melatonin as a caliming measure. All natural we are told. One of my wife's friends has a Great Dane and another with a small dog that cowers have said that it is very effective.

I wonder if any members here have had experience with it?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-10-2017, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
I'm sure this isn't the correct section but maybe a mod can move it to the correct section although it is related to an incident this evening.

We, the dog and I were walking home at about 5:30 pm. A loud firework was let off close by. He got quite stressed. Panicked would be puting it a bit strongly. He didn't bolt off but he clearly was visibly upset.

Some of our friends have suggested melatonin as a caliming measure. All natural we are told. One of my wife's friends has a Great Dane and another with a small dog that cowers have said that it is very effective.

Sorry I can't offer any advice having never used it. We have for many years learned to keep our dogs in when the dreaded fireworks are likely to be ignited. As a dog owner I hate them, in our recent previous life we only had them at New Year. Now we have 5th. November as well and annoyingly the habbit of people to use them for parties and such, it's just the relentless brain washing media and the even more annoying 'me too' peasants that do it.

I suppose we are lucky that where we walk Lara & Casey we are most unlikely to meet any yobs throwing fireworks. There is the village Bonfire Night comming up but as I said, our two will be indoors all that night.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post

I think this is a good place to ask but I cannot offer any advice I have had one dog Bella who was absolutely petrified but of most noises.............turned out to be a brain tumour and previous life......so I never used anything just lived through the event of bonfire night with loud films on and a secure place, but I have heard good things too about melatonin.... I dothink now mught be the time to start so it "builds up in the body"
Also for the rest of his life maybe try starting with a noise cd so he gets used to he noises over time in his own home when nice things hapen but to be honest if a firework went off by me unexpectedly I would jump too, what was he like last year?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >