Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pitrescuemama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-10-2017, 11:41 AM

Feel like I got tricked

So I went and put a deposit down on a brindle female 1/2 Pit Bull 1/2 Red Tick puppy Sept 1st. Named her Zen because she looked just like my old boy Zeus and thought it was cute. When I went to pick her up yesterday which I've been super excited about for weeks I got some shocking news and I'm not sure I believe there telling me the truth.
When I text and asked him if he was home home he replied "No I'll be back in a few hours" I said alright let me know when I can come. A few mins later he text back and said " I've got some bad news I was looking at the pic of the puppy you chose and that's the one who died the other day woke up and she was cold. I've got one brown and white one left if you want it or I'll give you your money back.
I've been preparing and looking forward to getting this puppy for over a month so of course I asked for a pic he sent me two. I said I'd take her he then told me his mom was at the house and he'd be there in 15min so come on over. What happened to a few hours I thought but didn't say. When I got there of course she was adorable and I got her!
This is only her second night with me but I absolutely adore her and she is a great sweet fun, beautiful girl. I just feel like they sold my pup to someone either cause they were there with the cash in hand and wanted her or to someone they knew well. It just don't sit well with me that I was the first to pay deposit so I picked first and I ended up with the last pup left. I chose a brindle who looked like a Pit and ended up with a hound dog! If the pup I picked died why didn't he inform me when it happened instead of right before I picked her up? It really bothers me! I know I didn't have to accept her, I could've just got my money back, and I decided to take her, but I still feel taken advantage of! He knew how much I was looking forward to getting her, all the stuff I've been buying for her and that I took my vacation this week so I could be home with her to bond, get her settled, and get a good start on house breaking her.
I feel he didn't tell me because he's not being truthful about her dying and knew if he told me before it was time to pick her up I would have time to think about it and might not want the other one. So he waited til the day I picked her up cause he knew I would take her. Which makes me feel dumb for doing exactly what he expected.
Here's some photos of her☺!
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171008_232400.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	5745  
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-10-2017, 11:55 AM
A good example of why one should avoid back street puppy sellers. Always pays to go to a reputable well respected breeder
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2017, 11:58 AM
Everything you say is possible, but it's water under the bridge now as you have your beautiful girl so I would let it pass and just enjoy her.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2017, 12:03 PM
I think the very way he has acted with you should ring alarm bells.
When I have a litter and their families have been chosen they get a piccie of them every single week, together with weights and what they have been up to. Before 'their' puppy has been allocated to them I send piccies of the litter, so everyone knows everything there is to know. They also meet the parents and family members of the puppies before birth.
He has been very offhand with the way he has treated you, so I reckon the puppy you put a deposit on has been sold elsewhere to someone wanting to pay more, if indeed the puppy ever existed in the first place of course.
I know there is nothing you can do now about it, you have a puppy who you now love and adore, but not the one you chose. Maybe you could alert your local welfare organisation about him and see if they have already heard of him.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2017, 11:16 PM
It's impossible to say.
If I picked a brindle and got a red I'd be livid!

Anyway it's possible they lied, so its why they didn't tell you. They did what you suspect.

It's also very possible the pup died for some reason and they avoided telling you as they were not sure how to / how you would react. When it came to pick up time they had no choice but to tell you.
Toller
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-10-2017, 12:01 AM
She's pretty and you adore her. Consider yourself fortunate and try to forget she wasn't your first choice.

I got a puppy 6 months ago. The breeder told us which puppy we were getting. I think I did okay.
Wowlovely88
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-11-2017, 06:58 AM
Super late reply. But I still felt valid enough to share.

Super shady of the guy. I agree he should have told you right away when/if the original pup passed away. Still you have a beautiful new pup

I got Kylo (the 2 year old mixed breed in my Avatar) from a not so great situation. The woman who sold him was not his mom or dads original owner. She actually had taken in the pair after her neighbor found out the female was pregnant and wanted to give her up.

So this woman was fostering the little family in a way. She was a friend of a friend who I had never personally met. I thought we had pretty good communication though. The pups were already 8 weeks old and ready to go when I was made aware of them. But I told her that I was absolutely 100% wanting a female and told her I would be there that evening. She promised and I headed out.

Almost to her home when I get a text from the woman telling me she was sorry but she sold the females while I was making my trip to her home....I mean I was literally 5 minutes away...But I decided I wouldn't make the 20 minute trip in vain. Only one puppy was left when I got there. A little pudgy black boy pup. I am a total sucker and fell in love with him. Even though physically...he wasn't really what I wanted.

2 years later and I still feel a bit of annoyance to how the foster mom handled the situation. But on another hand I feel she did me a favor. Because Kylo has seriously been everything I wanted and more. I like to think fate stepped in.

And you could very well realize the same about your pup. You know how the song goes. "You can't always get what you want. But you just might get what you need.'
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Everything he said could be the truth or not !!

But if he offered you the money back and you have lost faith in him and think he is a liar.....why on earth did you then go ahead and take the other pup !!!

Surely if you felt so disheartened with this breeder and you had the chance to cut and run with your money intact.... and you chose NOT to, you realy don’t have a case to complain .
Pitrescuemama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2017, 08:41 AM
And you could very well realize the same about your pup. You know how the song goes. "You can't always get what you want. But you just might get what you need.'[/QUOTE]

You were absolutely right! She most definitely is the perfect puppy for our family. She is so smart, and sweet, and of course wild and crazy sometimes. Her and Otis love each other and play so good together. It was definitely ment to be!