View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hermies22
New Member!
Female 

13-11-2016, 04:27 PM
they've been routinely vetted through their lives. There is no health concern nor concern of where the dog will end up for looks are something that end the end do not matter to me. I know I have a mutt! What I want is someone to help predict coat coloring or specific breeds this is mixed with from everyones dog/puppy knowledge. His mother was born very teddybearish- almost jet black and clearly has that Q graying gene. I am simply curious is all!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2016, 04:30 PM
Vetting is not the same as health testing. Look up the health problems in both breeds and then check if the dogs have been tested for these. Highly unlikely really,perish the thought that any money or thought would have been spent on the long term welfare of the puppies when the 'idea' popped into the persons head
Hermies22
New Member!
Female 

13-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Agreed! I am not placing a huge emphasis on the "looks" as much as everyone presumes in my daily life. You couldn't tell by my post but I opened an account in a forum of sole curiosity/inquiry. the puppy is paid for and will have a forever home with me. I know my puppy is a complete mix and I am in for surprises. I just wanted some additional help from dog lovers to see what he may or may not color and if they could identify the breeds. Thank you for your help!
Hermies22
New Member!
Female 

13-11-2016, 04:35 PM
My friend has presented me paper work from health tests run by the local vet for ear eye respiratory and spinal clearances on both parents. Kidneys were examined and both animals were cleared of any luxated patellas whih is a health risk common in both breeds. This is a healthy animal(s) it is simply just a mutt.
Hermies22
New Member!
Female 

13-11-2016, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to update this post as I know my little mixed breed is both happy and ..well, going to look like a mutt and be a surprise! I wanted to reiterate that I have owned both purebred show quality golden retrievers from reputable breeders as well as adopted pups of mixed backrounds from shelters and have even taken in strays to vet check, immunize and gave to a non-kill shelter to properly re-home over the course of my lifetime.
An animals well being is my priority, and while I do not condone my friend "fun" breeding..I am happy to give an already born puppy an adoring home in which it will be loved and properly brought up. I have also advised my friend of the risks of hobby breeding to which she has shown me paper work for tests completed by her local vet yielding clearance for common health risks present in both of her mixed breeds.

With that said, I am simply curious as to what my puppy may look like when full grown! I do not believe there is any harm in asking for peoples opinions/knowledge on the topic! It is strictly curiosity!
I have attached more pictures of the mother here when she was a baby. I no longer think my puppy will appear like the last photo I shared. I guess what I am asking is what color/hair type you think my puppy will have and who he may favor? The mother was born almost black with a tad of white, turned a little rust and then all gray. I have been reading about this trait in Shih Tzu dogs and it is called the Q gene. Anybody think my puppy carries it or if he will remain dark? Hmmmm, any help would be fun guessing!

The first 2 pics are the mom as a baby! Then see other pics of her as an adult (all gray)

thanks!
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	mom as a baby.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	5283   Click image for larger version

Name:	mom as a baby 2.png
Views:	37
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	5285  
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2016, 06:41 PM
The dogs in all of these pics look gorgeous.
You know you are getting a mixed breed so sit back and enjoy the surprise!
Please show us pics as it grows so that we can see what you get
BTW does pup have a name yet?
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-11-2016, 09:55 PM
Aas I said before, as long as the dog is healthy is all that matters. Suppose Sue and I have handled more dogs than most on here having previously owned a large (119 licenced ) boarding kennels as well as a big (42 cats) cattery for over 22 years before retirement. The number of days dogs boarded must run into 6 figures easily
Temperament came very high up on the like list of the dogs we boarded, irrespective of being cross or pedigree, size or colour- pups or older.
That is apart from our own dogs (Afghan Hounds) since 1974 and a Dobermann a Swedish foxhound ( hamiltonstovare ) and now a Border Terrier.
Hermies22
New Member!
Female 

15-11-2016, 03:15 AM
We have named him Lou or Louie I will def post pics! He will be home with us Dec 9th. Very excited!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2016, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by Hermies22 View Post
Agreed! I am not placing a huge emphasis on the "looks" as much as everyone presumes in my daily life. You couldn't tell by my post but I opened an account in a forum of sole curiosity/inquiry. the puppy is paid for and will have a forever home with me. I know my puppy is a complete mix and I am in for surprises. I just wanted some additional help from dog lovers to see what he may or may not color and if they could identify the breeds. Thank you for your help!
There is no way that predictions can be made as to the likely colour of the pups - they will be a variety of colours and that's an end to it. Personally I think this is the joy of mutts - unpredictable, what you see is what you get, and vive la difference I say. Just hope that your little guy is fit and healthy with a good temperament, that is what is important, not what colour he is or what he looks like.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2016, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by Hermies22 View Post
We have named him Lou or Louie I will def post pics! He will be home with us Dec 9th. Very excited!
How exciting! Lovely name ... do post up piccies when you get him! Best of luck
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >