Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jekana
New Member!
Female 

27-09-2014, 02:29 PM

I want to buy a ''house dog'' :)

Hello dog lovers,

Here is my situation: (i think it's important)

I live in Kiel, Germany. Work from 07:30-17:00. I have a one-room flat (about 30m2). Live in a building which have lagre yard where dogs can play. Also, infront of my building there is a small park, also for dogs.

I have to spend a lot of time on work, but after work i can always find at least half an hour for walk, or run with him. Also, my parent and friends are here very often, so he/she can get more attention from time to time.

I am big lover of animals. In my home town, Belgrade, i have two squirrels, and i just love them, and i have to admit, they really miss me. I moved to Kiel 3 month ago, i was thinking a lot about this decission, to buy a dog, but now i am sure.

So, based on all of the above, i really appreciate if you tell me your opinion, which dog is the best for me.

All the best, and i hope we will have good cooperation.

(if you have more questions, just ask!)
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-09-2014, 02:50 PM
What size and energy level are you looking for?
Also long or short haired? Stranger friendly or house protective?
jekana
New Member!
Female 

27-09-2014, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by LMost View Post
What size and energy level are you looking for?
Also long or short haired? Stranger friendly or house protective?
because of my relative small flat (about 30m2) i would like to have smaller dog. about hair, just not to fall off his/her hair so much.

and, friendly, of course
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-09-2014, 03:24 PM
Dachshund, Poodle, Jack Russell Terrier, Pug, Pom, or maybe a Boston Terrier.

JRT's are generally 24/7 balls of energy though.
jekana
New Member!
Female 

27-09-2014, 03:40 PM
hmmm... what you can tell me about toy poodle? do you know some owners of this kind of dof, just to hear some experience?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-09-2014, 04:05 PM
You can read up about the different Poodles here: Poodles info

We have Poodle owners on Breedia - give the forum a go Poodle (Standard) Forum
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Just going by what I know from friends dogs. There are many here and the other forms that could give you more details, on the exacts of the breeds mentioned.
I'm a giant breed person.
Originally Posted by jekana View Post
hmmm... what you can tell me about toy poodle? do you know some owners of this kind of dof, just to hear some experience?
jekana
New Member!
Female 

27-09-2014, 07:44 PM
thank you very much for the answers
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Leaving a dog alone for 9.5 hours while away at work is not on. No dog lover would even think about it, and in a one room flat as well. I just can't believe anyone would even consider it.
What happens if the dog gets ill at 8 am Just after you left for work? that poor dog would be suffering for 9 hours. Who is going to make sure it has enough water or it spills a water bowl and has nothing to drink?

What a horrible thought
Things may be different in Germany but if I found out over here in the UK someone was doing that I would soon report them to the authorities.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2014, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Leaving a dog alone for 9.5 hours while away at work is not on. No dog lover would even think about it, and in a one room flat as well. I just can't believe anyone would even consider it.
What happens if the dog gets ill at 8 am Just after you left for work? that poor dog would be suffering for 9 hours. Who is going to make sure it has enough water or it spills a water bowl and has nothing to drink?

What a horrible thought
Things may be different in Germany but if I found out over here in the UK someone was doing that I would soon report them to the authorities.
Both mine are left for that amount of time, they dont suffer are in really good health, as long as the dogs can cope with it there is no problem. I have 1 9yo cocker and a 5 month old husky, some people have to work
ATD x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >