Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by PONlady View Post
I understand what you're saying, but its not quite that simple - this kennels is large, well-known locally and has an otherwise excellent reputation. When I rang my vets to ask if there was a kennels they recommended, they immediately gave me this kennel's name! They were quite shocked and I could hear the disbelief in their voice when I told them what had happened

My groomer might possibly be willing to back me up; she does charity-grooms for local rehoming organizations, so its likely she's done reports before - but this would be a much bigger deal than just a report against a single bad owner, and she might not be willing to risk her business reputation.

I don't have proof Esau wasn't matted before he went into kennels and that's going to be my downfall. I KNOW he wasn't, but I can't prove it.
May be so or a case of them never having been reported to the licensing officer before. We were reported about 3 times in 21 years on was because we refused to accept a cat and was not even booked in with us, another was a GSD that freaked out they said it had never happened in other kennels , I leave you to draw your own conclusions and the other suffered from heat rash which we had under vet supervision because of it.

Have to add a lot of kennel problems in their defense is down to the dog owners not asking /checking first on what the kennels require. Vaccinations not done or out of date was the biggest cause of refusal.
PONlady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-09-2014, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
May be so or a case of them never having been reported to the licensing officer before. We were reported about 3 times in 21 years on was because we refused to accept a cat and was not even booked in with us, another was a GSD that freaked out they said it had never happened in other kennels , I leave you to draw your own conclusions and the other suffered from heat rash which we had under vet supervision because of it.

Have to add a lot of kennel problems in their defense is down to the dog owners not asking /checking first on what the kennels require. Vaccinations not done or out of date was the biggest cause of refusal.
Your saying that has reminded me of something - a couple of years ago, they told me that people had left dogs with them in a 'right state' and then complained when they'd given them back not at 'show standards'. I remember just commiserating with them at the time, but now I realize that's exactly what they are going to dismiss my case as!

I always listen very carefully to instructions kennels give us but I expect them to do the same in return! i realize any business that deals with the public means you get customers who expect the impossible/unreasonable - that's why I wanted to check here, to see if I was being unreasonable in expecting a daily brush (which had been asked for!)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2