Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 05:27 PM

Great Walk

I took the girls out a while ago which although not hot, it was clearly a littel warmer than they would have liked. So their walk was cut short adn I'll take them out later, around 9pm.

I've just got back from taking both Zane and Yiannis together. I don't often do this on my own in case they decide to play up with another dog or go in opposite directions and get into trouble.

But today, surprisingly, the park was practically empty. I saw only a handful of kids from my Son's school in the play area and an older gentleman walking what looked to be an extremely old collie ont eh oterh side of the field.

Zane and Yiannis ran about like loons, sniffed grasses etc and played together so well. I lvoe to see big, adult GSDs up on their back legs playing together. They ran, jumped, buffeted each other with their front feet and played chase. I stood and watched (as you do) and a lady who came up behind me said she wondered whose dogs they were and they were obviously having a nice time. When I told her they were mine she launched into a monologue of how fantastic they looked, runhning free adn just being dogs.

Of course I'm biased but I had to agree with her. They did look good. I jsut wish I'd taken my camera. It' not often I get to see my boys play like that.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Sounds lovely and it is typical isn't it, you never have your camera when you need it. Just gives you a lovely feeling when you see them playing and enjoying themselves.
plantman
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-06-2011, 05:44 PM
The pleasure of walking dogs is seeing them run free and seeing their enjoyment in their lives. I really feel for animals that are never off the lead, it all seems so pointless somehow.....