Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2011, 06:44 AM

Finished the last bits yesterday.

I had some left over medication for Ollie here which he didn't get round to using.

I rang his vets a few weeks ago and they said when I was ready drop them in and they would of dispose of them.

It was a nice sunny afternoon so Gorden and I decided to take a drive over there it is out in the sticks so it made a nice drive out in the sunshine.

I updated them with the information I had and they hadn't had and have now cleared all of his stuff except what is in his box with him. Lead, harness collars etc.,

Just over 3 months since we had to say goodbye to him.

Is it getting any easier ? Not sure on a scale of 1-10 I would say I am about 3 at the moment.
boxergoggins
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-06-2011, 06:55 AM
Sending you massive hugs...

Its so hard isnt it? Only last week did I sort out Paiges meds to return to vets this Sat. Just makes it so final. Paige was pts on 24th Jan

Glad you had nice sunshine for the journey...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2011, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by boxergoggins View Post
Sending you massive hugs...

Its so hard isnt it? Only last week did I sort out Paiges meds to return to vets this Sat. Just makes it so final. Paige was pts on 24th Jan

Glad you had nice sunshine for the journey...
Thank you. (((Hugs))) back.

It certainly does make it final its the last thing that neeeded to be done.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Rosie will be a year passed on 12 June & it still hurts, a bit easier but still feel her loss

Hugs to you Lynn xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:50 AM
(((Hugs))) Lynn, I know how you feel, it will be a year at the end of this month that I lost Leon...I still have all his meds in a box, I just can't part with them, it's my last little bit of him, other than his lead and Tiger of course.

I think you will feel so much better once you have your new little baby to dote on, it doesn't really stop the pain, but does give you something else to focus on xxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Sending you huge hugs from us and the gang hun xxxxxxxxx
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Hugs to you Lynn. I cant believe its been three months already but Im sure it feels like yesterday to you. I dont think the hurt ever goes but it just becomes easier to cope with. xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Its so hard isn't it. Its just over 5 months since I lost Shady and I still have her lovely pink sparkly collar in the drawer in the kitchen and her headcollar. I just can't get round to just moving them and packing them away. I know I should as then I could put kyiro and lilys collar and leads in there instead of them sitting on the hall table, but I am not ready yet.
I still have some of her medication in my cupboard too.
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Big ((( huggs))) to you Lynn, glad that it is getting easier.
I am Ok with the passing of my dogs most of the time, but if I actually suddenly remember the way Rieva died my whole inside seems to go in pain mode. He had sudden onset cardio myopathy, was running around at 2-45pm collapsed at 2-55pm, and I lost him 22hrs later, even writing it makes me cry. He went to the bridge Nov. 2008: But as I say most of the time it is OK. Luv Gayle . Xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Thank you all.

Its good to chat to those understand the pain.

(((Hugs))) to all of you that are still feelng pain over the loss of your very loved dogs. Must admit it was 9 years this year I lost Max and that day is still as awful as the day we had to say goodbye to him.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >