Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 05:21 PM

Fat n frightened?

Sorry don't really know what to say or why but don't know what to think or do(if anything), please can anyone give advice, thoughts. Arrived home today to find the dog from next door in our garden, very overweight, frightened? no collar(not micro chipped or spayed, around ten months old). I didn't try grab or look at her directly(have only seen her two, three times before) but said hi(name) n good girl, she cowered, tail tucked under n then kind of scuttled over with tail wagging, i slipped lead round n then heard neighbour shouting. The dog didn't want to go back into their house, is never walked and fed on chips, kebabs n whatever else( neighbour/owner has told me this), have heard him shouting at her before n is crated much of the time also. It's just so sad(maybe i am too n should mind my own business) not the best scenario or the worst either
Thanks for reading
H.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 05:28 PM
I had better not say what I would do as it is likely agains the law.

But I would hope that the dog finds a better home than that.

But in terms of dealing with the owners I don't think there is a lot you can do unless RSPCA think she is being mistreated becaus eof her diet.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 05:41 PM
I would probably have told the dog warden. Possibly. Or offered to take the dog.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks for your replies. I feel terrible(have posted a while ago about the 'next door n dog thing), could see this coming but tried to help advise(was asked) before n they have problems. I don't think the rspca would be able to do anything n they'd know it was me, because no one else(a friend goes round who shouts at it too) see's the dog(other neighbours have made coment have never seen and asked if is still there).
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Perhaps you can offer to walk the dog sometimes? At least that way it will get some exercise? If you're able to do that, of course.

As has been suggested, you could contact the dog warden, and I think that's what I would suggest if you are genuinely worried. It sounds as though this poor dog is having a miserable time.

If it was me I suspect I would take the dog into my home and try and keep it... but I'm guessing that would be illegal
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks TJ, there's no reason why the owner can't walk the dog himself, he gets about good enough much of the time(has problems which i'm aware of but still doesn't justify what's going on, don't think). I walk dogs for people (elderly disabled, n friends who work if needed) n help if is genuine. There's no excuse for feeding a dog all that cr*p either n it wouldn't be possible or good idea for me to rehome.
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Oh what a shame poor dog , and poor you having to live next door and not being able to do much about it
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Can understand your frustrations
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 07:55 PM
How upsetting for you - it's bad enough knowing that this sort of thing goes on without having to live next door to it and be virtually powerless to do anything.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Milk maid View Post
Oh what a shame poor dog , and poor you having to live next door and not being able to do much about it
My sentiments entirely......
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >