View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Poor Diesel I hope he recovers quickly and with no lasting effects.

I do agree with Smokeybear, get on to the police and get the incident reported! The attitude of "well they probably won't do anything" doesn't help anyone, reporting the attack could well stop it happening again.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
. BTW - if you'd have put your finger behind the top of the jaw - you know where wisdom teeth grow - that should've loosened the grip more..I've done this when the dogs wouldn't let go of a toy...
A caveat

1 Whilst I know that people throw caution to the wind putting your hands anywhere near a dog's mouth in this situation is a recipe for disaster.

2 The suggestion above would not make one iota of difference in some dogs including one of mine, in fact you would not be able to insert a pinkie in there!

If you are unable to pull dog away by the wheelbarrow method (pick up hind legs) the next best thing is to cut off the air supply of the offending dog by making a lead into a slip lead (end of lead through handle) and putting it round the dog's neck (before you have put the end through the loop) and pulling upwards. (This is not advisable with very large dogs as it is too difficult or VERY aggressive dogs which may then redirect their aggression onto you).

The above are LAST resorts, and not to be tried except in extreme emergencies, the majority of dogs can be removed without trying this.

BUT the first rule of any emergency is NOT to put YOURSELF at risk......
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Just caught this. I am so sorry to read of what you all went through. Thank God Diesel was wearing that collar. I think you were very brave.

Please pursue contacting the police as there must be something that can be done xxxx All the best, hugs to Diesel and keep us posted xxxxxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm so sorry that you and your darling boy have also been at the receiving end of an out of control and dangerous dog. I do hope that he makes a good recovery, poor little chap.

I see you're in South Oxfordshire, if your police ar Thames Valley then you should be in luck, as I was, in pursuing the owners and not only getting your vets bills paid, they will also serve the owners with an order that the dog has to be on a lead &/or muzzled when in a public place.

Henry had to have an operation following the first attack, we never thought we would get any money or an apology, well we never did get the apology, but his vets bills and the loss of the shows I had entered were paid in full...doesn't compensate for the trauma we and our dogs have to go through though.

If you are in the TVP area, please let me know and I will give you the details of my contact here in Milton Keynes, she will be able to put you in touch with whoever you need to report it to xx
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Very sorry to hear about the attack.... i hope the police can do something - maybe other eye witnesses could come forwards?!

Hugs for Diesel!
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2011, 10:52 AM
sending big hugs to you and diesel it scares me to walk my dogs now with all the attacks going on my sbt is walked on a lead as he is not keen on every dog he meets since being attacked many times himself i also feel for you trying to get your dog free of that dogs jaw my two have had a nasty fight and the only way i could get him to realease was to throw water in his face luckily he didnt leave any wounds i do hope your successful in getting these people to be more responsible and the police take note
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 10:55 AM
How awful for poor diesel and what a useless owner not only does she believe the Staffies have lock jaw myth but she doesn't even bother to try to help. It's people like that that bring the shame on thR breed.

I agree you should report it, they shouldn't get away with it .

Gentle hugs for diesel
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Gentle hugs winging thier way to poor Diesel and Kyiro and lily send licks, kisses and slobbers.
I hope he feels better soon and heals without any problems.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
A caveat

1 Whilst I know that people throw caution to the wind putting your hands anywhere near a dog's mouth in this situation is a recipe for disaster.

2 The suggestion above would not make one iota of difference in some dogs including one of mine, in fact you would not be able to insert a pinkie in there!

If you are unable to pull dog away by the wheelbarrow method (pick up hind legs) the next best thing is to cut off the air supply of the offending dog by making a lead into a slip lead (end of lead through handle) and putting it round the dog's neck (before you have put the end through the loop) and pulling upwards. (This is not advisable with very large dogs as it is too difficult or VERY aggressive dogs which may then redirect their aggression onto you).

The above are LAST resorts, and not to be tried except in extreme emergencies, the majority of dogs can be removed without trying this.

BUT the first rule of any emergency is NOT to put YOURSELF at risk......
I know SB - It's just how I know how to get a stubborn dog to let go of a toy.. of course I agree, this should be used as a last resort.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 11:14 AM
'why do dogs always fight'

poor poor Diesel and u

{{hugs}} and woos from here xxx
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >