Female 

27-05-2010, 09:13 PM
More ignorance.

rune
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-05-2010, 06:08 AM
It seems you have done the research with regards to their homes.

I think this will keep going round in circles and getting nowhere, you are now aware of a lot of the feelings on here and we aware of the fact you now say there are some points you could of looked into a bit more.

I would like too point out it wouldn't of mattered what breed there are some breeds that are over-bred at the moment and a lot of people work in the rescue of particular breeds of dogs who the homes are full too the brim with and it would of been the same reaction.

I am bowing out now and I wish the puppies well in their new homes and do hope if the need arises you will be there too take them back and re-home them suitably or keep them yourself if a suitable new home cannot be found.

All the best.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2010, 07:20 AM
good post lynn, & ditto! Maybe see you on another thread SBL
SBL
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-05-2010, 05:31 PM
you know clearly we're not going to agree, and you're right, this sums up the differences between us; http://www.colliecorner.com/stick-to-toys/

What's next, gogles to play conkers, or to put blue tack up??? Banning skiing because people break their necks? Signs on every tap that may have hot water???

From now on, when ever I throw a stick for my dog I shall think of you, and before the inevitable response of 'well I hope he never injures himself then' should an accident like that happen I will recall, the millions of dogs, thrown millions of stick, over 100's of years, and my dog and I number in the 100's or possibly 1000's of incidents of injury.

I hope life in your plastic bubble sheltered from all the world has to offer, both the dangers and the wonders, is good, protected by the certainty of your mutually affirming peers and the lofty tower you have built of self-aggrandisement and moral superiority from which you look down upon me from, and a sturdy pair of safety specs.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2010, 05:38 PM
As someone who has seen a stick go through a dogs nose and also had a BC who nearly choked on a tennis ball....All of my dogs now play with appropriate toys.....and yes - I sincerely hope your dogs do not go through that due to the ignorance (or arrogance maybe, as you know it can happen) of their owner!
It just gets worse!
Literal

02-06-2011, 01:41 PM
SBL - bet you didn't expect this cacophony of righteous indignation when you posted pix of two gorgeous puppies!

Seems to me, more thought went into your breeding than goes into the huge majority of puppy births. Most breeding is accidental or amateur, and a tiny minority of dogs are health-checked beforehand. Sure you could have tested, but your knowledge of the sire and dam were also invaluable and I respect your decision.

I've bred goldens, and bred from a gorgeous bitch several years ago. Sire's and dam's hips were perfect, and so were hers before breeding. By age 8, she'd developed significant hip dysplasia - on X-ray, though it was still completely asymptomatic. I felt pretty guilty though it wasn't my fault. However, all her pups lived long and happy lives with never a trace of dysplasia. They may have been asymptomatic too, as they weren't all tested - but all the owners accepted my advice not to breed.

Things like this can happen, despite great care, as other posts here have confirmed. On the other hand, many, many healthy dogs have been bred without checks.

Lighten up, all you righteous pedigree breeders. You've made the point about testing and SBL has accepted it. But SBL has also made some very good points. Don't go on obsessively about the same few points - you're not giving yourselves a good name.

Great photos, SBL - and as long as the pups are happy and loved, they're a lot better off than many dogs.
Page 16 of 16 « First < 6 13 14 15 16