Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-10-2009, 12:41 PM

VITALIN (complete dog food)

Need to order some food, and before I send for my usual "HEALTHY PAWS" , I saw this at a show a few weeks back, heard good reviews from some who use it .

So any one got any experience of feeding this.

No reason really why I need to change, just a thought at the mo

http://www.vitalinpetfood.co.uk/mall...mium%2520Range
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 01:36 PM
I've fed their 'normal' (gold) range with quite disasterous results. Stumpy was allergic (I think to the soya) and suffered quite dramatic hair loss on her chest (she was so itchy she just sat pulling out her hair ). Mind you, once I realised what was happening, I used the rest of the bag for Hoki and she was fine.

The premium range (or at least some of them) doesn't seem to include Soya but its made me more reluctant to try their food again, though like you, I've heard plenty of people use it with good results.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Beau my previous Springer was fed on Royal Vitalin mid 80's to mid 90's. Not sure how it's changed since then as I recall it was very 'cerial heavy' although he did well on it.
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-10-2009, 02:21 PM
I would never go jumping around from food to food if I had one that was working.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

12-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I've fed their 'normal' (gold) range with quite disasterous results. Stumpy was allergic (I think to the soya) and suffered quite dramatic hair loss on her chest (she was so itchy she just sat pulling out her hair ). Mind you, once I realised what was happening, I used the rest of the bag for Hoki and she was fine.

The premium range (or at least some of them) doesn't seem to include Soya but its made me more reluctant to try their food again, though like you, I've heard plenty of people use it with good results.
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Beau my previous Springer was fed on Royal Vitalin mid 80's to mid 90's. Not sure how it's changed since then as I recall it was very 'cerial heavy' although he did well on it.

Thanks for the input, just wondered what it was like.

Originally Posted by Labman View Post
I would never go jumping around from food to food if I had one that was working.
I dont, I have fed my dog food for yrs now, onlt ever changed once, just curiosity thats all.

Thanks again, will stick to my usual
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 06:09 PM
I`ve used Vitalin Original for years, when I have changed from it just to see if my crew would like something different over the years I have always ended up changing back and have always noticed differences in general condition coming back once on Vitalin again, you know those subtle changes in coat for instance that you don`t notice has dropped a bit for condition until it comes back ? [ hope that comes across properly lol ].

I do intend to try CSJ as it`s very highly rated but the slightest loss of condition and they will be back on Vitalin for good
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

12-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
I`ve used Vitalin Original for years, when I have changed from it just to see if my crew would like something different over the years I have always ended up changing back and have always noticed differences in general condition coming back once on Vitalin again, you know those subtle changes in coat for instance that you don`t notice has dropped a bit for condition until it comes back ? [ hope that comes across properly lol ].

I do intend to try CSJ as it`s very highly rated but the slightest loss of condition and they will be back on Vitalin for good
Interesting, thats what I was told by a couple of people about Vitalin,,, regarding coat condition.

Probably stay with what I know, but the more foods we have experience of the better
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 07:43 AM
I had my 2 on the Vitalin Sensitive Lamb and Rice for ages, solid rock poos and great coats, I was just struggling to get hold of it so changed. I would go back again if I could get it easy enough. The woman in the pet shop feeds her pointer on the Chicken and Potato - she rates that one too.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

13-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Fred&Mya'smum View Post
I had my 2 on the Vitalin Sensitive Lamb and Rice for ages, solid rock poos and great coats, I was just struggling to get hold of it so changed. I would go back again if I could get it easy enough. The woman in the pet shop feeds her pointer on the Chicken and Potato - she rates that one too.
You can get it on line!!!
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 03:15 PM
yeah but I have to be in to sign the orders else they get pinched if they leave them out - dodgy isn't it when something can't be left in the back garden. That's why I prefer to collect it myself
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >