Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cutz4mutz
New Member!
Female 

02-10-2009, 07:09 PM

abused dog groomer

HELP!!!! I need some support here, from fellow groomers who have experienced this sort of abuse. Hi I am a dog groomer who is being harrassed by a disgruntled owner, for exposing a skin condition on her dogs leg, which she will not accept responsibility for, and blaming it on my grooming, the dog came into my salon in a severely matted state, all i did was expose the underlying condition and now she has created a witch hunt with her friends..
is there any advice out there please
hope to hear from you soon
hazel pritchard
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi welcome to the site, sorry to hear of the hassle you are having,could you maybe ask this person to take her dog to the vets and get a report from the vet as to what is the skin problem.
cutz4mutz
New Member!
Female 

02-10-2009, 07:19 PM
I did ask her to do this, and have not had a report back as yet
hazel pritchard
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Ummmmm maybe she knew there was a problem there,if thats the case maybe she will not take it any further,could you contact other local groomers and ask them if they have ever had any dealings with this person.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

You should try posting this in other sections, like dog health, dog grooming and perhaps the general dog sections - you are likely to get a bigger response.

In the meantime.....
Chicos-Mummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

Hi, just wondered if you are a member of the technogroom forum? Think you'll find it a great help
cutz4mutz
New Member!
Female 

02-10-2009, 07:55 PM
I have written letters to local groomers and suggested we form an informal guild to protect each other from these devious dog owners, I feel sorry for the dogs as they suffer the abuse as well. I do buy grooming products from Technogroom, will join their forum thanks for that, hazel,Vicki and Chicos mummy!!!! I am feeling very depressed at the moment, this woman is very vindictive, I have reported her to the police and have spoken to my solicitors about this
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Hi,

If this stupid woman continues with her hassling you it may be harrassment. Unfortuantely, harassment, by definition, isn't a one off occurrence. So it has to happen 3 times wher you report it before the Police will consider taking it any further. It's a lot less expensive than a solicitor.

If she hasn't got back to you yet, then I agree that either she already knew there was a problem, or the vet may have told her that the condition wasn't or couldn't be caused by you grooming the dog. it could be (hopefully) that the vet has given her a good telling off. If the dog was badly matted then the skin condition coudl've been there for a good while. Shame for the dog though.

Laura xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Have a read of this thread - very similar (although not sure if your woman is demanding money etc?) and there is some good advice on it.

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=112479

Good luck, I hope this woman just goes away. I doubt that she will be able to find a vet to support her argument and without that, I can't see her getting anywhere.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Hey there, as Hali said, I have been through this myself. People will try anything! Don't you worry, as nothing can come of this. If she tries putting anything on paper that's libel. If there's no vet report tell her to sod off!

I know where you are coming from - I have had some whingers including someone accusing me of causing a skin condition. I had another this week who said I hadn't washed her dog's tail. The dog has flaky brown skin on her tail which I pointed out last time she came in AND this time. She then decides it's dirt not flaky skin. Some people! Ignore them. I am determined to get tougher, personally. People will always take the pi$$. Try not to let it get to you! I'm sure 99% of your customers are satisfied. BUT you can't please everyone!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >