Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2017, 07:53 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 17th November

Good morning everyone,

Griff hope you are in less pain today.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well and that goes for both two and four legged friends.
Best Wishes.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-11-2017, 08:55 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Very cold here here today and a frost.

Happy birthday to your mum Kazz hope she enjoys the tea party.
griff hope you are feeling better today.
Also anyone else feeling under the weather also.

Off out in a bit with Beth to Ely we are going to the christmas fair in Ely cathedral.
BT openreach meant to turn up to today to fix the phone fingers crossed they do.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2017, 10:05 AM
Morning everyone. Hm don't speak about phones. My new one turned up today and the line is still crackling which means it wasn't my phone but bt. Hey ho. Have a good day all and Lynn I hope they sort you out properly.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2017, 10:09 AM
Morning all
Hope all phone issues are soon resolved and everyone has a good day.
Sadly not much better so i have found the tablets the Dr gave me....checked i got the right ones Lol and taken one, think they usually work in a couple of days
need to pop out today so will straighten my hair and decide what to wear
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2017, 10:28 AM
Good morning everyone

Sorry you are not feeling any better Griff. Hope the pills kick in quicker than a couple of days.

Enjoy your day out Lynn and hope BT get the job done for you today.

Oh dear Brenda I think another complaint to BT is in order.

Happy birthday to mum Kazz and hope she enjoys her party.

Hope everyone two and four legged are keeping well

Lovely morning here so have some washing out. Have booked myself a quick trip to see the grandchildren after the New Year so busy sorting out clothes to take - I know its early but with Christmas and New Year doesn't leave me a lot of time later
It looks as though it will take take two cases with the presents I have to take Its their summer there so I think shorts and t-shirts will be the order of the day together with a swimsuit

Have a good day and stay safe
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Hm things getting worse here. Leaking radiator and I think a leaking pipe under the floor boards as carpet wet. All these things are sent to try us.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-11-2017, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Have booked myself a quick trip to see the grandchildren after the New Year
Hope you get through customs and immigration a tad quicker than those parcels you sent
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-11-2017, 04:42 PM
Afternoon everyone nice day out with Beth.

Phone fixed took 20 mins engineer told Gorden two ways to fix it either lift up the cover and sort it underground or up the pole he went up the pole diverted us to a spare wire and hey presto. All of 20 mins. So Gorden said all this talk of traffic management etc., not needed he replied no either way it wasn't needed.
Spoken to gill she has been very ill again same as before and around a month in time so she is very weak. Still no stairlift getting ridiculous she is so tired and in pain.
Gorden had an interesting day someone kept walking backwards and forwards past the house eventually they knocked. He siad he use to live here in the 50's he was 9.
It has changed a great deal there was no bathroom just a brick outhouse with a bucket halfway down the garden. The stairs went the opposite way to now so in the living room and up into what is now the upstairs bathroom.
What I thought was always the original back door was. Now it is an alcove with a cupboard that the tele sits on. Both the bedrooms were different the biggest back bedroom was smaller than now and they had to go through their parents room to get to their room. They use to drink in the Globe pub.
Also there were no boats on the river then the road was narrower and very little traffic. They use to rig a piece of string across the river to the letterbox of the house across the river come back in here and knock their knocker. glad that doesn't happen now.
The guy now lives in NZ and is here on a family catch up. Gorden now has a photo of him and they guy standing in front of the fireplace.

brenda hope all your problems are sorted soon and satisfactorily.
griff wishing you well soon.
Enjoy planning for your visit Sue.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2017, 09:42 PM
Carpet getting dryer but a small leak which I am told isn't a problem and to wrap a towel round it. Not impressed. Meanwhile I now have a crackly phone. Just waiting for the third thing now. Tyto bless him didn't make a fuss all through the banging and commotion.