Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2016, 06:10 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 24th August

Good morning everyone,
Going to be another hot one today. June, I do not have any boxes so I am not sure what I am going to do with all the stuff out of the kitchen cupboards!

That poor dog barking for all those hours he cannot be happy. Surely someone must complain about it soon.

That's a bind Harvey if they are practicing clay pigeon shooting it will unsettle the dogs.

Lynn, hope they get your car sorted and soon. Hope Dillons paw is nearly back to normal too.

Mandy, so sorry about your step father hope he is improving.

Norma, hope you have a better day up there today, wish I could send you some of our sunshine.

Brenda, hope you feel better today.

Have a good day all, keep cool and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2016, 07:36 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Very hot here already too Moyra. When we took Dillon out at just gone 7 it was already warm. His paw was irritating last night he had his half in the morning half at tea time previcox and he grumbled at me last night trying to stop him worrying round it. It was right underneath checked it all again nothing in there.
Gave him a piriton at bedtime and he settled but can't think it is allergy related why just the one paw ?
Convinced its pain and all that is going on with that paw it wouldn't be surprising. We are wondering if he is going to need to cartrophen top ups roughly every 8 weeks that is about how long it has taken for his leg to get sore. Not sure if the elbows are still ok or not.
Of course his insurance doesn't cover them now after his original insurer dumping us. New insurer they are excluded.

Hope there have been no demolition jobs overnight and that rain has stopped in Scotland and the sun is now shining.
Harvey what a pain with the clay pigeon shoots.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2016, 07:49 AM
Another lovely day here! Apart from doing a pile of ironing yesterday, I was lying in the sun feeling really guilty - I am going to do some gardening on the front drive today and hope for the best. The last time I did some I got a huge bollocking from the physiotherapist and an agonising back which is still bad. I am going to pop down to the garden centre and see if they have any end of season bargains to brighten the place up a bit.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2016, 08:55 AM
morning all,
hope everyone is well, lovely and hot here, off out for a bit today so won't be about much so i hope you all have great weather and a lovely day
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2016, 09:22 AM
No demo!ition, but house bricks blocking the new chewing place have again been moved,one by the back door so I just missed falling over it this morning Ah well, its keeping her busy and while she's moving bricks about she's not chewing
Lovely morning and off out soon for a long awaited decent trek and gallop about.
Hoping you are alright Griff, I know its chemo today
Moyra you could get boxes from a shop. I got mine from my local tyre place, they originally had alloy wheels in. I was there having a puncture done and saw he had a roomful of empty boxes and took some home with me
Are you going to have to get Dillon over to the vet Lynn, hoping the car is sorted soon, because I think he'll be rather squashed in Gordon's
Got to get over to the sorting office to pick up a couple of parcels later, Wednesday is the only day its open in he afternoon, I was wondering where my tumeric was and found the card had dropped inside a takeaway leaflet when I checked the post box. With it being a takeaway leaflet I'd ignored it, could have gone over there Monday morning when it was hammering down and was stuck in.
Jeff's back door was open this morning, no sound from the dog. I heard him come in at gone 11 last night so he must be on lates. No sign of the daughter at all.
Careful of what you do Nikki, do an hour, have a break, then do a bit more. Spread it over a couple of days and it doesn't hurt as much
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2016, 09:41 AM
I think it will be a trip to the vet June at some point. when he gets in form his walk he bounda round the living room then flies into the garden. There is definitely something going on though as he looks very stiff when walking on the back right leg.
Glad there have been no demolitions she does sound like she is trying to trip you up somehow cheeky girl.
Enjoy your day out griff.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2016, 10:28 AM
looks like my day out is off, how someone can expect me to be ready to go with 5 minutes notice is beyond me... yes i look like a scruff but even i take more than 5 minutes to get ready to go out, only wanted a nice day before i see the Dr..oh well, will have a nice day with the pups and cat instead
I do hope Dillon will be o.k, must be such a worry for you, would be lovely if they could talk and tell us exactly what bit hurts
Lol....i know i shouldn't but Zen does make me laugh with her antics, not sure i would be laughing if it was my stuff she was modifying
Moyra, once upon a time you always used to be able to get boxes from the supermarket but i never see any about now...wonder if they get paid to recycle them instead?
Brenda, how are you doing now? you seemed quite down, i hope you feel a bit brighter
Gnasher, please be careful, if your back isn't right, leave the garden...i am sure your physio had a good reason to tell you off!! i think the saying is slow and steady wins the race...don't go mad doing too much just because you feel better
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Awwww sorry griff.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2016, 11:27 AM
it's o.k Lynn...i am used to it
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2016, 12:45 PM
Yay red rock is on, well TW, do you reckon that female detective is onto Paudge??
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >