register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is CM improving as a TV trainer & offering more apt advice
Yes 45 52.33%
No 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 25 of 84 « First < 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 75 > Last »
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post

As for what I think happened about his boots being covered in slavers, how would I know? The thing is, he could have stepped in something, he could have dropped something on them.
I doubt he was stood there having a glass of Pimms and spilt some whilst wrangling a so called red zoner [ sic ] on the end of his dreadful illusion collar or prong or choker...

I can't see where all this negativity comes from with CM.
It comes from experienced people knowing that what he does is vile, cruel, and absolutely unnecessary.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 02:18 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I've never claimed to be either, but you do need to have a little ability to read body language to be able to comment and the dogs he takes with his skates are not all overwhelmingly happy as their body language says otherwise.
Becky

It`s also illegal to do that in UK as the moment there is tension on the lead it becomes towing which is considered to be cruelty.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 02:23 AM
In your opinion! They look fine to me and millions of others. Everyone has their own views, it's just that you seem to think yours are right. Your views are your opinion. If it were your dogs that were "not overwhelmingly happy" I'd take your opinion as read but you are just observing, same as I, so I don't think your opinion is any more valid than anyone elses that isn't closely involved with the dogs concerned
The opinion of the experienced is valid, it`s the opinion of those who don`t have the experience to know what they are talking about which are not valid. Becky is experienced, she has to be, not only as an owner of multiple dogs but as a groomer for whom being able to read dogs is the difference between being bitten or not.

How many times has Milan been bitten now due to his inability to read dogs` calming signals, [ while the dogs are trying to convey their pain or discomfort which he himself causes in the first place imo...], and because he has no apparent realisation of medical or diestry causes for aggression and other issues ? .....
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 03:02 AM
Is all of that fact C & D, as in brought to Court and so on. You know the old saying "innocent until proven guilty" and all that You say CM was sued, I've not heard of this. So the legal system found him guilty of the above and the TV are still putting him on air It's all news to me

It is true.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4977324.stm

It has since reached settlement but the figure has not been made public at this time.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 03:07 AM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
I cant help it I like Cesar and I think his methods will save many dogs that would otherwise of been PTS.
No more than severely aggressive dogs which have been rehabbed without being subjected to his methods, if anything I`d say far more have been saved by people using non-confrontational non-punitive methods.

I do think he only deals with aggression would like to see his methods with more scared and abused dogs.
Gawd no, they would have been through enough already without him being inflicted on them as well
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 03:20 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
If people can manage horses (a lot bigger and stronger than any dog) without pinning them and shocking and bullying them they should be able to manage a dog without violence.
Well put. I regularly handle horses, just with a gentle touch and kind voice, as do most people who handle horse, if I did the CM hissing and jabbing I`d just end up with dust in my eye`s as they bolted off for it, and I would`nt stand a hope in hell of alpha rolling them, I`d just hope they would knock me out quickly before the pain of too many broken bones made my eyes leak if I were stupid enough to try it on them
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-06-2009, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Well put. I regularly handle horses, just with a gentle touch and kind voice, as do most people who handle horse, if I did the CM hissing and jabbing I`d just end up with dust in my eye`s as they bolted off for it, and I would`nt stand a hope in hell of alpha rolling them, I`d just hope they would knock me out quickly before the pain of too many broken bones made my eyes leak if I were stupid enough to try it on them

Exactly..but it seem the smaller the animal the harsher the methods will be used ........by some
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Gnasher, by your own admission your dog tried to prevent your OH taking his chew away while chained up outside and was hit for it. Is this what you mean by `showing the dog who`s boss (aka being alpha aka CM methods)?
Please enlighten us to the actual CM methods you use, and how they are received by your dog.
ClaireandDaisy : PLEASE don't blame me for my husband's actions. I said at the time of stating this, that I was bally furious with the man, and actually, he has at last admitted that physical violence with dogs does not work.

Castigate me for my actions all you want, that's fair, but please do not expect me to responsible for hubby's ... that's totally unfair !
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
DITO, I also am very intrested to know

This thread is about whether or not Cesar is improving, not about other people's methods.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Just because a dog is big doesn`t mean it can`t be terrified or hurt. Or shy, or unsure or in pain. Just because a dog is big it doesn`t mean it`s OK to be violent to them.
If people can manage horses (a lot bigger and stronger than any dog) without pinning them and shocking and bullying them they should be able to manage a dog without violence.
That's a good point ClaireandDaisy about horses ... dogs and horses in that order are my passion in life! With the greatest respect, horses are very different animals from dogs. They are herbivorous "flight" animals, dogs are not. Horses, as you rightly say, would not respond at all well to being pinned ... were it possible to achieve such a feat !

All horsey people have heard of Monty Roberts and his method of "joining up" rather than "breaking in" a horse. Like everyone else who saw him for the first time, and read his book, I was truly amazed and fascinated by the man. I couldn't wait to apply some of his handling techniques to my horse ... and they worked! But I don't think that Jindo would have appreciated Cesar blowing up his nose, or would have been at all impressed by him turning and walking away in the hopes that piqued his curiosity into following him ! (Sorry to all Monty Roberts fans, this is a VERY simplistic description, but this thread is about CM, not MR !).
Closed Thread
Page 25 of 84 « First < 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 75 > Last »