20-06-2008, 07:46 AM
I'm chuckling away here at your posts.
I can almost see a Herriot type of programme in the offing
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Apparently, Snorri Mansions didn't have running water or mains electricity until 1973. There was no TV anywhere up here until the mid-60s!
Much the same at Losos mansions too

Mains electricity - Late sixties

Terrastial TV - 1971

Mains water and a telephone landline had to wait until the demise of the communist regime in 1992 so:-

Telephone - 1995

Water - 1998

But there's always a silver lining, we only had to wait one year for broadband (In UK BT 'offered' it in 1987 but only 'enabled' the exchange in 2004 - the year we moved )
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2008, 05:11 PM
When I was trying to sell my flat in Edinburgh before the move to the TZ, I had to go to Building Control to get a "letter of comfort". I forged my way along the old High Street in the peeing rain, with my eyes half-shut against the water. As I could hardly see anything at all, I nearly bashed into a couple of guys in suits. There was something familiar about both of them. As I walked on, I realized who they were - one was the late John Smith (Labour Party leader at the time), and the other man was Mikhail Gorbachev.

Snorri
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Name dropper (But I concede that you'll likely remember that day for a long time)
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3