Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 03:59 PM

Pass Plus Driving Course

Hi all,

Anyone ever done the Pass Plus driving course?

http://www.passplus.org.uk/about_pp.asp

I'm doing mine on 15th July and I've got a really good deal. A local authority will pay half of the cost to try and encourage safe driving in young people. The cost is nothing compared to much needed experiene I'll get on the course.

It'll also hopefully save me a lot of money when getting my insurance. I've figured I might as well wait until after I've done Pass Plus before getting insurance.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 04:20 PM
nope

was going to - but worked out that it wouldnt save me much lol

as the insurance compnies nowadays (in my experience) dont ask you if you have it or not!!!

good luck with it but tbh even if it dosent save you money - it teaches you more

Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 04:25 PM
I got a fantasic deal with my instructor so it'll only be costing me £30, and that's with lunch in Balloch thrown in. The experience I'll get will be priceless, though.

The daughter of someone I work with saved over £200 on her insurance after she done Pass Plus.
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2008, 07:05 PM
A lot of insurance companies will give you a 1 year introductory bonus for completing the pass plus which usually equals about a 30% reduction in premium.

Try phoning brokers for a quote as some of them will have special concessions and schemes with insurance companies to cover young drivers and they will definitely be interested in any advanced driving courses that you have taken.

If you want some names of brokers, PM me and I will get some names and numbers for you on Monday.