View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 06:33 PM
I also think there needs to be decent jobs,with decent pay,because lets face it how many would give up benefits when they are going to be earning less, and won't be able to pay bills etc.In some cases it's not because they don't want to work,it's because they can't afford to work.

I know this was the case of a single parent who lived my Nan,he simply could not afford to go to work.He couldn't afford to pay his rent, bills and pay for food for himself and daughter.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Don't forget the £16 a week the junkies get up here for keeping a dog all because "they need a friend". All extra money to feed their habit, not to feed the dog!
That isn`t true, sorry.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Ref paying out loads, I imagine most people on benefits do not have a lavish lifestyle, but as I do not really know any that I can think of (I know of people of course but not well enough to know what they get up to), I am not the best one to comment.

I am annoyed that it is always us in the middle that are hot hardest when it comes to tax and pay cuts etc , to fund the 'crisis'.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Don't forget the £16 a week the junkies get up here for keeping a dog all because "they need a friend". All extra money to feed their habit, not to feed the dog!
Perhaps people need to get together and ask the Government WHY
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
That isn`t true, sorry.
How do you know? I thought it was? As far as I'm aware, it is up here. Must ask my friend who works for the DSS.

And it used to be £10 a week? In fact, a local junkie even boasted to me that he gets this extra money for the dog!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 07:56 PM
mmnn well this family walk away with more than my little family,.

My hubby earns less than that a month,
I dont work, since having Luca chose to bring him up., which is what I wanted to do.
We have a mortgage, bills, 2 cars etc to come off our £2000 per month that we earn.
I claim my child benefit which is £80 per month, but we dont claim the tax credit, and we dont qualify for anything else.
We dont have a plasma TV. We cant afford lavish holidays., we have to pay for our dog etc etc.

This is what i dont understand, these people dont work, yet walk away with more money than we have by far at the end of a month, as they arent paying their mortgage etc etc .

Its just bizarre isnt it - the middle ground is completely left to their own devices, the really needy who do struggle through loss of job/split of families etc dont get enough help, and those that know how to milk the system get away with it all...

I am not sure whether any of the things brought in by this new coalition govnt will work as many dont apply as yet.

I did qualify for the £190 health in pregnancy grant this time, but they dont give you it til 28 weeks yet its supposed to be to eat healthily etc, yet those on benefits get £500 - but why do they need more if its for healthy eating ?? They spend it on their chavvy pram or whatever anyway not on eating better, or stopping smoking etc etc.

I do believe if you cant afford to have a kid, you shouldnt have it, and its almost like we pay people to have kids !! WE chose to have our child, and I chose not to go back to work, however we had to suck our belts in to do that, things had to give, and sometimes its beans on toast at end of month, we are only paying interest only on our mortgage etc but ultimately I am happy that I am doing the best for my son, and for this next bub, but once they are school age I hope to go back to work and continue to earn to support ourselves.

I just dont understand why people think they have a right to things...

Also my little brother is severely disabled, and although he got disability etc etc, my parents had to fund the big things like a bath for him etc as because it was deemed a luxury he wasnt entitled to it, yet had my mum and dad been on benefits he would have got whatever they asked for.
Its just not right.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 10:07 PM
How do you know? I thought it was? As far as I'm aware, it is up here. Must ask my friend who works for the DSS.

And it used to be £10 a week? In fact, a local junkie even boasted to me that he gets this extra money for the dog!
I have read that somewhere too. I'm sure they do it around here too.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
t to things...

Also my little brother is severely disabled, and although he got disability etc etc, my parents had to fund the big things like a bath for him etc as because it was deemed a luxury he wasnt entitled to it, yet had my mum and dad been on benefits he would have got whatever they asked for.
Its just not right.

That's terrible! I can't believe they didn't get a disability grant. We got one for our son who is also severely disabled and I work full time.
It does gall you when you see people brag about it though like that woman with 9 kids who says she just lives off benefits and keeps having more kids to get more benefits. Should be sterilised!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Where did you get this little gem from ?????

Alcoholism is on the list for claiming incapacity benefit and can add up to £20.000 a year!!!!!

There are no special payments for Alcoholics, people who are of NFA(No Fixed Abode)were at one time paid daily in some cases-but it had nothing to do with whether or not they are Alcohloics or Drug Addicts

There is here...I see them queuing up for their daily money. tbh I don't know if it's a gov payout or a charity of some sort.

Well I'm one of those benefit layabouts look at me & there's nothing wrong whilst I am standing/sitting still, so why don't I get off my ass & get a job ??? After all I do get £90 a week(based on my National Insurance contributions paid whilst I was working for 34 years 11 months)& live a life of luxury driving a Subaru Impreza(8 years old & bought & paid for whilst I was working), live in a mortgage free home(left to me by my parents who I looked after for the last 3 years of their lives single handed for a wonderful sum of £49 a week.

Better go & get a job asap---------ah no I'm 60 in August & no one would want to employ me. Don't worry folks I will lose my Incapacity Benefit in September when a huge Occupational Pension( I wish) becomes payable, so I won't be living off your taxes any more. No Retirement Pension for me until Jan 2011 either, no Winter Fuel Payment, no free swimming sessions, no free bus pass & Xmas Bonus think of all the taxes that will be saving !! I do get free prescriptions(because of a medical condition) & a disabled parking badge(because of a medical disability), but no DLA for me because the house is suited to my needs(ie no stairs & I don't need to have a bath(I joke not)& I have an automatic car !!!!!!!

Yes folks life on benefits is really sooooo very easy & rewarding (NOT)
No one is having a pop at genuine claimaint Surely you must see the difference between someone who has been working and had to give up work through genuine illness, and someone who just doesn't give a sh*t, and sponges off the rest of us.

It's these type of people that make it hard for you and my son and others who need the help but can't get it because the funds or whatever have run out because of people claiming for things they dont deserve...mobility cars is on the top of my list. I see lots of people driving when they clearly don't need it. There is a lady by me who drives a big people carrier mobility car. She walks her dog. plays football with her grandkids on the field at the back. I have seen her up ladders washing windows

Maybe if the Gov could wheedle out all the spongers then the genuine claimaints will get the amount of money they deserve.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Exactly Elaine! weedle out the bogus claimers and the people who really do take the p**s and make it easier for genuine claimants to claim. I have no problem in genuine people claiming either but it galls me when people claim who either aren't entitled or have kids purely for benefits.
I also know someone who claims DLA and has a blue badge due to a bad back but manages to play 18 holes of golf every day whilst carrying a heavy golf bag!! Now that's taking the ****!!
Page 5 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »