Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks for answering my question, but now wish I hadn't asked

I've just heard on the news about them wanting older people to work right up until they're 70 now So yet again, those poor s*d's who have worked all of their lives to pay for these ridiculous benefits are having to do so right up to the end, otherwise they get nothing!! It's all so bladdy wrong isn't it, and I thought this new Government knew exactly what WE all know about some of the scroungers and criminals, seems I was wrong

Oh yea criminals get lots of benefits H....I know of someone who has just come out of prison for drug running and got £2000, a flat..furnished and right back on benefits..so exactly where they were before but £2000 quid better off.
apparantly....alcholholics get £8 a day to feed their habit...They get this payout daily and triple on Friday to last them over the weekend Sooooo does that mean the Gov will pay for my fags then I think not!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 05:59 PM
yup, and expecting mothers on benefits get a grant to buy lovely things for their babies, while the rest of us slave long days at work to save up to afford babies - hence why i don't have any yet - i can't afford them!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Oh yea criminals get lots of benefits H....I know of someone who has just come out of prison for drug running and got £2000, a flat..furnished and right back on benefits..so exactly where they were before but £2000 quid better off.
apparantly....alcholholics get £8 a day to feed their habit...They get this payout daily and triple on Friday to last them over the weekend Sooooo does that mean the Gov will pay for my fags then I think not!!!

Your Kidding
That is disgusting!!!!!!!

I dread to think how much our neighbour has claimed in tax credits,child benefit,maternity pay,and child trust fund payments,she has five kids.two about 8,one 3,one 12 months and a newborn.
Granted she goes to work,but spends more time on maternity leave than in her job,he goes to work,but only works for cash,doesn't pay any tax,NI etc.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 06:08 PM

Where did you get this little gem from ?????

There are no special payments for Alcoholics, people who are of NFA(No Fixed Abode)were at one time paid daily in some cases-but it had nothing to do with whether or not they are Alcohloics or Drug Addicts

Well I'm one of those benefit layabouts look at me & there's nothing wrong whilst I am standing/sitting still, so why don't I get off my ass & get a job ??? After all I do get £90 a week(based on my National Insurance contributions paid whilst I was working for 34 years 11 months)& live a life of luxury driving a Subaru Impreza(8 years old & bought & paid for whilst I was working), live in a mortgage free home(left to me by my parents who I looked after for the last 3 years of their lives single handed for a wonderful sum of £49 a week.

Better go & get a job asap---------ah no I'm 60 in August & no one would want to employ me. Don't worry folks I will lose my Incapacity Benefit in September when a huge Occupational Pension( I wish) becomes payable, so I won't be living off your taxes any more. No Retirement Pension for me until Jan 2011 either, no Winter Fuel Payment, no free swimming sessions, no free bus pass & Xmas Bonus think of all the taxes that will be saving !! I do get free prescriptions(because of a medical condition) & a disabled parking badge(because of a medical disability), but no DLA for me because the house is suited to my needs(ie no stairs & I don't need to have a bath(I joke not)& I have an automatic car !!!!!!!

Yes folks life on benefits is really sooooo very easy & rewarding (NOT)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 06:17 PM
But you don't HAVE to work now Dianne, coz you are of pensionable age, you've worked hard all your life and you are entitled to benefit, other people who have managed to work the system, have NEVER worked and NEVER will they're probably a lot better off, well I KNOW they are, than those people such as yourself who ARE entitled to all the benefits and some that they get!

It's a case of if you CAN'T work, then of course you are entitled to benefit, but most of these scroungers CAN bladdy work but just don't want to, and surely you're not saying you are one of those???

I haven't worked for 4 years now, but I could I'm not disabled or anything, but I couldn't claim even if I wanted to coz hubby works and earns enough that we wouldn't qualify, not that we could anyway, coz we've both been self-employed and that's another bummer, they give you nothing if you've been self-employed!

Why is it so very hard for those people who are entitled to benefit, to claim it?? I once filled in a SEVENTEEN PAGE form online to claim something for my mother which she was entitled to, and she never had a day off in her life either That was to get her a pension credit of £2 a week, but I made darn sure she got it!!!
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Where did you get this little gem from ?????

There are no special payments for Alcoholics, people who are of NFA(No Fixed Abode)were at one time paid daily in some cases-but it had nothing to do with whether or not they are Alcohloics or Drug Addicts

Well I'm one of those benefit layabouts look at me & there's nothing wrong whilst I am standing/sitting still, so why don't I get off my ass & get a job ??? After all I do get £90 a week(based on my National Insurance contributions paid whilst I was working for 34 years 11 months)& live a life of luxury driving a Subaru Impreza(8 years old & bought & paid for whilst I was working), live in a mortgage free home(left to me by my parents who I looked after for the last 3 years of their lives single handed for a wonderful sum of £49 a week.

Better go & get a job asap---------ah no I'm 60 in August & no one would want to employ me. Don't worry folks I will lose my Incapacity Benefit in September when a huge Occupational Pension( I wish) becomes payable, so I won't be living off your taxes any more. No Retirement Pension for me until Jan 2011 either, no Winter Fuel Payment, no free swimming sessions, no free bus pass & Xmas Bonus think of all the taxes that will be saving !! I do get free prescriptions(because of a medical condition) & a disabled parking badge(because of a medical disability), but no DLA for me because the house is suited to my needs(ie no stairs & I don't need to have a bath(I joke not)& I have an automatic car !!!!!!!

Yes folks life on benefits is really sooooo very easy & rewarding (NOT)
ok... that is disgraceful... I totally agree! why? Because you did work for 34 years! And now you have a disability which makes it impossible!...

What I'm talking about is kids in their twenties who cannot bother to get an education or work, and who subsequently spend their entire lives getting paid to do nothing.... or kids who see more in criminal activities.....or kids who have kids even though they have no way of paying for them... they are basically stealing from people like you who DO deserve the proper help an have paid taxes for years and years.... THAT really gets my blood-pressure up!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 06:18 PM

Unbelievable isn't it!!!!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by cintvelt View Post
ok... that is disgraceful... I totally agree! why? Because you did work for 34 years! And now you have a disability which makes it impossible!...

What I'm talking about is kids in their twenties who cannot bother to get an education or work, and who subsequently spend their entire lives getting paid to do nothing.... or kids who see more in criminal activities.....or kids who have kids even though they have no way of paying for them... they are basically stealing from people like you who DO deserve the proper help an have paid taxes for years and years.... THAT really gets my blood-pressure up!
I agree,
My son is 18 just left college,has qualifications and is struggling to find work.
He has signed on,but it is really difficult to get through the system,unless of course you know it!

He is complaining that he's fed up of been at home, and wants to work.
He does though have an interview on Saturday,but it's only for part time work
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Don't forget the £16 a week the junkies get up here for keeping a dog all because "they need a friend". All extra money to feed their habit, not to feed the dog!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm sure i speak for everyone here that we are not targetting the people who can't find work, have disabilities or are unable to work for any other legit reason.

My poor sister has been out for work for 3 months, she's deaf, despite having a very good education and a degree etc, she got a load of benefits whilst she was off (and also gets DLA even if she is working, but it's not much a week). But what's great about her is she was keen to get back into work, despite most her benefits stopping, not like the scum we're talking about here.

(her new job is with itv as a signer in the corner, how cool, lol! She has previously worked with the fire service as a deaf awareness outreach worker, and a similar job with the police - so even deaf people can get good job if they try hard and have the desire to!) That was just the way my parents brought us up
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »