View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 04:57 PM
My god!! It makes me sick. I work as a nurse...not a dreadful wage but not very good either. My husband cannot work because he can't find a job around here that's school hours (he's an accountant) and we can't use child care because our son has severe special needs and he too needs everything doing for him. he can eat by himself but he can't go to the loo, make a drink, has no danger awareness, is incontinent of faeces at night and them he dismantles his nappy and smears it all over the place! And he's 14 and taller than me at 5'7"! So no after school child care facilites for disabled kids here in North Wales. The answer? My hubby gets £200 a month in carer's allowance! We really struggle every month on my wage...it's crazy. But it realy annoys me when people get huge benefits like that.....I don't know why I bother working sometimes.....actually I do......it's called self respect
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Discusting
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
My god!! It makes me sick. I work as a nurse...not a dreadful wage but not very good either. My husband cannot work because he can't find a job around here that's school hours (he's an accountant) and we can't use child care because our son has severe special needs and he too needs everything doing for him. he can eat by himself but he can't go to the loo, make a drink, has no danger awareness, is incontinent of faeces at night and them he dismantles his nappy and smears it all over the place! And he's 14 and taller than me at 5'7"! So no after school child care facilites for disabled kids here in North Wales. The answer? My hubby gets £200 a month in carer's allowance! We really struggle every month on my wage...it's crazy. But it realy annoys me when people get huge benefits like that.....I don't know why I bother working sometimes.....actually I do......it's called self respect
I know how you feel hun, it's so humiliating to have to exept that amount of money for the work that's involved, but you see...Governments know that we as parents will care for our children no matter what...it's what's called having you by the short and curlys
My husband is not on a great wage, we don't get any housing benefit or council tax benefit, we have to pay for prescriptions...it all mounts up.
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-06-2010, 05:09 PM
its not fair people whoget to stay at home all day get payed this amount of money - i think if you cant work and cant support one child why on earth do people have more children and its the people like us that have full time jobs that pay for it - my bf gets taxed 1000 pound a month it makes me sick coz thats my wages after tax!! really hate the benifit system alot of people abuse it. and when we wanted help to get a house because we were first time buyers and could get a mortgage at the time the goverment basicaly told us where to go!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-06-2010, 05:12 PM
It starts the clip by saying they are investigating what it's like living close to the poverty line, well if £2220 a month is close to the poverty line most of us are probably close by and haven't even realised it
So they're both home all day caring for their kids, how come the garden looks like a blimmin bombs gone off in it then, are they too busy to keep the place tidy. That kind of money they could employ a gardener and cleaner
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-06-2010, 05:25 PM
hi,

there was a question as to whether it was different in other countries.... no it's not as far as holland goes.... here there is no incentive for people on welfare to go to work... they get added benefits for absolutely everything (housing, health, holidays (????), transport.... you name it. they get benefit), which they lose if they find a job.... the result: generations of families who have never worked....

in addition, there is extra benefit if you originally come from a less-developed country.... the latest idea made public yesterday: unemployed Moroccan troublemakers will get paid to attend a special Hockey academy in order to train them to become the Moroccan national Hockey team.... paid by the Dutch tax-payer... hockey is a huge sport here and for a normal dutch child to join a hockey club here costs about 400 euro per child per year..... we also have loads of projects for criminal youths where they go back to their countries of origin to find their roots, all paid for by the state....

Now Holland is financially in trouble at the moment (as is the UK), we do not have the money to adequately care for our disabled and/or elderly population... but somehow there is plenty of money for our criminals and for those simply unwilling to get a job and relying on benefit because it's easy... makes me sick!!!!!

so there you go.... other countries are not any better then the uk... some even worse!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Hannaho View Post
its not fair people whoget to stay at home all day get payed this amount of money - i think if you cant work and cant support one child why on earth do people have more children and its the people like us that have full time jobs that pay for it - my bf gets taxed 1000 pound a month it makes me sick coz thats my wages after tax!! really hate the benifit system alot of people abuse it. and when we wanted help to get a house because we were first time buyers and could get a mortgage at the time the goverment basicaly told us where to go!!
That's how I feel as well.

Personally, I'm sick of paying for other peoples offspring.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Its complete madness who would want to go out and earn a proper living with benefits coming in like that, they might as well have another child while their at it.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Its complete madness who would want to go out and earn a proper living with benefits coming in like that, they might as well have another child while their at it.

which we will end up paying for...I sometimes think china had the right idea....only joking!!!!
x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by cintvelt View Post
hi,

there was a question as to whether it was different in other countries.... no it's not as far as holland goes.... here there is no incentive for people on welfare to go to work... they get added benefits for absolutely everything (housing, health, holidays (????), transport.... you name it. they get benefit), which they lose if they find a job.... the result: generations of families who have never worked....

in addition, there is extra benefit if you originally come from a less-developed country.... the latest idea made public yesterday: unemployed Moroccan troublemakers will get paid to attend a special Hockey academy in order to train them to become the Moroccan national Hockey team.... paid by the Dutch tax-payer... hockey is a huge sport here and for a normal dutch child to join a hockey club here costs about 400 euro per child per year..... we also have loads of projects for criminal youths where they go back to their countries of origin to find their roots, all paid for by the state....

Now Holland is financially in trouble at the moment (as is the UK), we do not have the money to adequately care for our disabled and/or elderly population... but somehow there is plenty of money for our criminals and for those simply unwilling to get a job and relying on benefit because it's easy... makes me sick!!!!!
so there you go.... other countries are not any better then the uk... some even worse!
Thanks for answering my question, but now wish I hadn't asked

I've just heard on the news about them wanting older people to work right up until they're 70 now So yet again, those poor s*d's who have worked all of their lives to pay for these ridiculous benefits are having to do so right up to the end, otherwise they get nothing!! It's all so bladdy wrong isn't it, and I thought this new Government knew exactly what WE all know about some of the scroungers and criminals, seems I was wrong
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »