View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Well i personally have lined up lots of distraction activities to keep me occupied till mid afternoon on fri which is when the vet said they will be calling to let me know how werm got on.
for me that the best way
i really think you should make a BIG effort not to INDULGE yourself in worry. if you do zena will pick up on this.
easy said i know but it is the best thing for the puppy if you can help her be unstressed..........
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
The decision to spay or not is of course something only the bitches owner can decide after weighing up all the pros and cons.

Having lost bitches with pyometra and being aware of the high incidence of pyo in un spayed bitches I would always get a bitch spayed
i agree, i think its better for a bitch to be spayed, than have pyo and have to be emergently spayed... better to be safe than sorry.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
Well i personally have lined up lots of distraction activities to keep me occupied till mid afternoon on fri which is when the vet said they will be calling to let me know how werm got on.
for me that the best way
i really think you should make a BIG effort not to INDULGE yourself in worry. if you do zena will pick up on this.
easy said i know but it is the best thing for the puppy if you can help her be unstressed..........:
grin:
Oh I know, I know, I'm trying very hard honest, but I'm the type of person, when it comes to the crunch, I can be as strong as the next person, I turn all matter of fact, and get the job done, that's just me all over. It's the build up to something that gets me all of a dither, so don't you worry, when the time comes tomorrow morning, I'll be sitting in that waiting room, cool as a cucumber, being very quiet and gentle with Zena, I'll have her ball for distraction when that nasty man examines her coz we can't have treats and I'll sit with her and calm her and stroke her (by this time I'll be on the floor with her don't you worry )until she falls gently to sleep, and if they think it's ok, I'll quietly creep out the door, or let them take her, coz don't forget they've kindly allowed me to stay for that pre-med because they don't want her stressed. I know what to do, I just gotta psyche myself up for it tonight!!!

I'm in a much better frame of mind now, I'm getting it over with, a day goes very quickly around here, as I know only too well. I'm going to get my bed made up on the sofa, put her lovely big soft bed next to it, move the coffee table out the way, take Georgie on a lovely long walk late morning, spoil him rotten too, coz he'll be missing her lots, oh I got it all planned Now!!! Thanks to you lot!!!

Deep breaths then......

Just another stupid question please, do I take her on a normal type walk which would be 40 mins on soft grass, or do I do a short walk onlead (she'll get much dirtier onlead around the roads so I don't want to do that really?!) I'm thinking she will need ALL her reserves to get through the op, so I thought it best maybe NOT to let her run around much on a walk first thing? She doesn't have to be there till 9.30 though and we go at 7.30??
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Keep it normal, do what you usually do! I will be thinking about you tomorrow! I know she is gonna be just fine but I'll be looking for that she's ok thread! Thats the thing about Dogsey you worry about everyones dogs not just your own!!!!

Good luck for the morning!!
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Awww Helena, I'm not going to tell you not to worry about Zena being speyed, as I know that would be pointless, of course you are going to worry, she's your furbaby and every minute she's at the vet I bet you will be thinking about her and clock watching untill you can go and collect her

I dont think taking her for her normal morning walk would hurt her, as long as there was no chance she could eat anything whilst on the walk, although thinking about it, I think dogs are not meant to have water either on the morning on the op, so would she be thirsty after her walk and want a drink? So maybe just a shorter walk on lead so that she doesnt wear herself out or get thirsty would be better?

I wouldn't worry about her getting dirty either, as the vets are probally going to shave off some of her lovely long hair around her belly, and sterilise the area before they do the op anyway.

Good luck for tomorrow xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Awww thanks, I know, I've been worrying about everyone else's dogs too, and now I've got a worry all of my own here!!! I just went on my vet's website and I've had a virtual tour of the prep room and the operation room, all seems to be in order Roll on Tuesday pleeeeeease!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
Awww Helena, I'm not going to tell you not to worry about Zena being speyed, as I know that would be pointless, of course you are going to worry, she's your furbaby and every minute she's at the vet I bet you will be thinking about her and clock watching untill you can go and collect her

I dont think taking her for her normal morning walk would hurt her, as long as there was no chance she could eat anything whilst on the walk, although thinking about it, I think dogs are not meant to have water either on the morning on the op, so would she be thirsty after her walk and want a drink? So maybe just a shorter walk on lead so that she doesnt wear herself out or get thirsty would be better?

I wouldn't worry about her getting dirty either, as the vets are probally going to shave off some of her lovely long hair around her belly, and sterilise the area before they do the op anyway.

Good luck for tomorrow xx
Yes I know, and that's her longest fur on her belly Thanks for that.xxxxxx She's allowed water, but I never thought about picking something up, although she wouldn't normally, but it'll be s*d's law wouldn't it, so maybe I'll keep her on the lead but take her on that nice grassy walk so she stays clean and doesn't wear herself out!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by JHelena
but I'm the type of person, when it comes to the crunch, I can be as strong as the next person, I turn all matter of fact, and get the job done, that's just me all over.
I have to confess no matter how many times I go through operations with dogs I am still a gibbering wreck unable to sleep the night before or to eat .

There are no visible signs of this, but I secretly indulge in a little cushion hugging and a good wail when no one is looking

I always used to be allowed to sit in on ops but not nowadays and I was horrified when this vet said I had to leave Chloe in overnight, but was very reassured when I was told there was indeed someone on duty all night and I could ring at any time to check.

You will worry Helena so there is no point in saying otherwise . I guess our deep concern is a measure of the love we have for our pets, a small price to pay and I wouldn't have it any other way...
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I would guess what your vet saw was the thickening of the uterine tissue and maybe the formation of cysts.
Yes, I remember now, cysts was one word mentioned (It's the same in both languages) so it was probably the beginning of Pyometra then, thanks for comming back to me on that.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
What's going through my head now is, do I really need to get this done and put her through all this. She's so very happy and bouncy and here I am gonna make her go through this, put her through pain and suffering, let alone leave her somewhere she doesn't like being, and most of all, run the risk of losing her altogether
H - You are doing the right thing, just have a look at the posts from Mini to me and my reply above, we might not have Rianna with us now if we had not had it done.

The risk of loosing her altogether is IMHO very low indeed as she is fit and healthy now, likewise we didn't notice our two being in a lot of pain or suffering 'tho I concede they were very subdued for a few days.

She will be that happy bouncy dog again before you know it, of course you are worried but it is for the best believe me.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6