Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 11:31 AM

PAY PAL SCAM!!!

Read this on another board so if anyone uses paypal and recieves this email please DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!

Dear Paypal User,

In accordance with our major database relocation, we are currently having major adjustments and updates of user accounts to verify that the informations you have provided with us during the sign-up process are true and correct. However, we have noticed some discrepancies regarding your account at Paypal. Possible causes are inaccurate contact information and invalid logout process.

We require you to complete an account verification procedure as part of our security measure.

You must click the link below to complete the process.

Unable to do so may result to abnormal account behavior during transactions.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.
PayPal Email ID PP096

I knew it had to be a scam cos my ebay email and my pal pal email are different

Checked on paypal and this is what they say

Look for a PayPal Greeting: PayPal will never send an email with the greeting "Dear PayPal User" or "Dear PayPal Member." Real PayPal emails will address you by your first and last name or the business name associated with your PayPal account. If you believe you have received a fraudulent email, please forward the entire email—including the header information—to spoof@paypal.com. We investigate every spoof reported. Please note that the automatic response you get from us may not address you by name.
Don't share personal information via email: We will never ask you to enter your password or financial information in an email or send such information in an email. You should only share information about your account once you have logged in to https://www.paypal.com/.
Don't download attachments: PayPal will never send you an attachment or software update to install on your computer
So if you get an email like this do not click on the link
Female 

29-01-2005, 11:37 AM
thanx lel i use paypal
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-01-2005, 12:09 PM
thanks Lel
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 12:35 PM
with any of these companies including ebay, NEVER follow a link to update information from an email!

I think they r meant to use your proper name, so if they dont its fake! I get these things everyday!!!!!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 12:36 PM
I had an eamil from PayPal Wednesday/Thursday re someone accessing my account. They had called me 'dear Paypal member' so thought that was odd.

It even went on to say that PayPal will ask for personal information to verify you are the account holder
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 03:45 PM
I've had several of these emails...pay pal told me the same NEVER click on the link and NEVER submit any of your personal details!!
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 05:02 PM
last year (when i only had half a brain ) i recieved an email from ebay asking much the same questions, i answered, and about a month later, i found out that one of my email accounts had been taken over, my ebay account had been used to sell 'john dere' tractors in USA all over europe and about 12 people had been conned out of around £2000 each !!, each customer had wired money to the 'seller' and no one had received anything. The first i knew about it was when ebay suspended my account and i had to verify myself live online with them. I received awful emails from the customers, to who i had to explain what had happened, all of them thankfully did not blame me, ebay also asked them to contact them directly.

so ........ please take note of any emails you receive from ebay or paypal, if you are not sure then send them to spoof@ebay.co.uk and they will be able to tell you if it is a scam or whether the email is genuine, dont get caught like i did
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Em
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-01-2005, 05:04 PM
@ Emma
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran