View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2006, 01:35 PM
When i popped home at lunch time his puppy pad was over the other side of the room and underneath it was a huge puddle. He is now trying to hide the accidents Does he know he's doing wrong?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by sanchez
When i popped home at lunch time his puppy pad was over the other side of the room and underneath it was a huge puddle. He is now trying to hide the accidents Does he know he's doing wrong?
..no he doesn't know when a thing is wrong, however he may associate an action (like peeing) with your displeasure particularly if he has been punished, and he may even anticipate being punished again ...then he may hide the thing that caused the displeasure or even refuse to pee when you are around (retaining urine) that is why I advised the actions above.
I would ignore it and carry on
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks
When i get home he's going to have lots of cuddles and i'm going to go through all you've said with my husband and we'll try that approach seen as nothing else seems to be working
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by sanchez
Thanks
When i get home he's going to have lots of cuddles and i'm going to go through all you've said with my husband and we'll try that approach seen as nothing else seems to be working
..gently does it remember we are all here to help you as much as we can...

I feel sure getting a puppy will be a great help to your partner
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks for all your help and advice minihaha, dont know what i would've done if i hadn't found dogsey
sweetmimi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Hi I am sure that the little one will get there in the end it is just that he wont be able to hold it for a long time and as for him hiding it under the puppy pad that is because he is afraid of being punished for piddling. The best thing to do is for you and your husband to watch him all the time and when he piddles on the puppy pad make a great big fuss of him in a high excited type voice. If he knows that he gets fuss and praise for piddling on his pad then he wont be afraid and then he wont hold it in anymore, which can be so dangerous.
He just needs some re-assurance at this stage I think.
I am sure that this little one will make a great deal of difference to your husband and a loving companion as well
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4