Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
Yes but he is able to handle him to suit the judge Dyane. If he had shown him what was in my eyes correctly it would not have suited that judge & he wouldn't have won the group.
Hope he doesn't go Best In Show though, we have enough people now buying a GSD for the wrong reasons without adding to them.
I can certainly agree that too many GSDs go into unsuitable homes already, but not sure that a GSD winning Crufts would make the problem any worse? I can understand how it used to be a problem when Pedigree spent weeks after Crufts using the winning dog in its food adverts, but I would expect that the majority of people who now watch/visit Crufts are people already experienced and/or interested in dogs.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I actually loved the GSD, a super, super chap. Stunning head, infact I havent seen a better head, wonderful mover..It really was shown and presented to its best. I think it was a very much deserved place.
Totally agree, I thought that dog was one of the most beautiful GSD's I've seen in a very long time. Gorgeous colour, in proportion, super head and not over-exaggerated like some GSD's. He moved with real purpose and stride - of course Steve Cox is an extremely experienced handler to bring the best out of him.

Put some of the GSD's I've seen in the ring well in the shade.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by talassie View Post
I'm pleased the judge had the courage to choose the german shepherd after all the bad press they have been given. I was surprised when the dog was chosen for the second line-up and astonished when he won.

And what a yummy dog with an absolutely stunning face.
I have to say I totally agree with you there. I said on an earlier thread somewhere that I didn't think a GSD would ever win Crufts - only because of all the politics that have happened in the breed, particularly the last couple of years.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Not read whole thread but thrilled that my mates won the pastoral group with Elmo, even if he is not my type of GSD.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7