Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
was it just me or,,did the Estrella have a huge 'lick granuloma'
Th Estrela is one of the most untypical shown in the uk at the mo. Terrible judging today, won't be wasting my money on that judge again.
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2011, 08:44 AM
From the group as a whole the ones that stood out for me were the Aussie, GSD, samoyed, Finnish Lappund, and beardie. I liked the vallhund and was pleased it got short listed (vallhunds never stand out to me - small boring grey dog at the back of the pastoral group.... i'm allowed to say this I own them - Cassie is a lovely bitch, perhaps a bit fine for me though)

I was pleased the GSD won, I've seen him in the flesh and seen him move much better than that - he does have the most lovely head and expression.

I have to say i wasn't struck with some of the breeds, particularly the Estrela, Sheltie and both the corgis.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
On way too short a lead
But he ran with him at just the right pace. There is more ways to handle a gsd than letting them stride out at the end of a long lead, his handler did a great job, obviously
Actually he only has ScH H III, no IPO quals at all & he is a German showline bred dog-pretty colour though
"Only"
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm pleased the judge had the courage to choose the german shepherd after all the bad press they have been given. I was surprised when the dog was chosen for the second line-up and astonished when he won.

And what a yummy dog with an absolutely stunning face.
*Lorraine*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
But he ran with him at just the right pace. There is more ways to handle a gsd than letting them stride out at the end of a long lead, his handler did a great job, obviously

"Only"
He's had his breed survey carried out as well....a shame more GSD "breeders" (breeders of all working breeds come to that) don't feel the need to "prove" their Dogs capability.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by talassie View Post
I'm pleased the judge had the courage to choose the german shepherd after all the bad press they have been given. I was surprised when the dog was chosen for the second line-up and astonished when he won.

And what a yummy dog with an absolutely stunning face.
I thought it was very brave of him considering the past contretemps beween the GSD clubs and the KC. It was a lovely dog, I know nothing much about the pastoral group but I would have picked that dog to win. Such a beautiful intelligent expression and moved great too.
The Rottweiller was good to watch moving as he watched his handler all the time-they were a real team.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Hated the collie, looked sluggish, which is not what i want in a coilie, i liked the sheltie , cardi & sami
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Hated the collie, looked sluggish, which is not what i want in a coilie, i liked the sheltie , cardi & sami
i loved the sami
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Pity his handler is such a pr*tt never allowed him to move properly, but the Steve always was big headed.
Yes but he is able to handle him to suit the judge Dyane. If he had shown him what was in my eyes correctly it would not have suited that judge & he wouldn't have won the group.
Hope he doesn't go Best In Show though, we have enough people now buying a GSD for the wrong reasons without adding to them.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
I agree, the collie did look sluggish. I was looking for the right word to describe what I saw, and sluggish fits it perfectly. And, as we know, sluggish is definitely NOT what you want in a collie A shame really, as I was hoping to have my mind changed a little about the UK show collies. Although, to be fair to the show collies in general, I only saw that one example and can't watch it online so didn't get to see what the others were like.
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >