Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Some friends had Maremmas, they were not nice. I also boarded an Italian import, lethal it was, many years ago.
ah..i shall keep admiring...from afar lol
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 09:14 PM
I LOVED the GSD, Elmo. I agree with CC, he was a middle of the road type, and was stunning! I think he definitely deserved his win
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Thats fair enough, we all have our own preferences.

I just dislike it when people that really dont know much about the breed get on the whole "deformed backs" bandwagon.
oh im not jumping on the bandwagon. but from some of them i have seen i wouldnt own them because of how their backs are, like i said i have seen some where their bums are near on the floor even when stood, not all, i liked the look of the one that just won, and even said as far as the backs went hes the best id seen in a long time, but i just wouldnt of put him first as personal preference
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Some friends had Maremmas, they were not nice. I also boarded an Italian import, lethal it was, many years ago.
I love the look of Maremmas too, but have heard a few horror stories from Scout75 (on here) about her run ins with the livestock guardian Maremmas in the hills of Italy Scary stuff!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
valhund was a mini tupac..lol
i love vallhunds my nan used to have one when i was little, she lived to the ripe old age of 18 gorgeous girlie, i loved her
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Chloe some are stood to look like that, when on the move their back ends are not touching the floor. Like I said before I think he well deserved his place, and am glad others agree - I shall be watching him in the BIS..As so far hes my fav in the line up!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Chloe some are stood to look like that, when on the move their back ends are not touching the floor. Like I said before I think he well deserved his place, and am glad others agree - I shall be watching him in the BIS..As so far hes my fav in the line up!
im not saying he looked like that. quite happy with the way he looked. but i have seen GSDs that have had severe sloped backs which is what i dont like, like i said the one that just won was the best ive seen no doubt about that.

out of the three so far, mines the flatcoat however id love nora to get it on sunday but that may be slightly bias
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 09:25 PM
I dont want Nora to get it, jeez no...working with rescue I have seen the amount of thoughtless buys since the breed was promoted more, with Nora winning the Eukanuba ect.. People dont know how to care for them..Hence we have 4 in at foster....Thats all the breed needs in another big win, of course Tom deserves it and my heart melts watching Nora but there you go.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I dont want Nora to get it, jeez no...working with rescue I have seen the amount of thoughtless buys since the breed was promoted more, with Nora winning the Eukanuba ect.. People dont know how to care for them..Hence we have 4 in at foster....Thats all the breed needs in another big win, of course Tom deserves it and my heart melts watching Nora but there you go.
yeah thats what i mean. with whatever dog wins the breed will go up in popularity, it always does which is a shame but she is an amazing example of the breed, and for that i think she should get it, as thats what the dog show is about. wouldnt risk any dog to be put in rescue over buying on a whim.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
just my opinion. not because i dont like GSDs or anything, actually quite like them, but i prefered other dogs in the group. just like if it was a different judge, could of been a different outcome, just my opinion
But isn't that the same for ANY class at ANY dog show? Surely the judge's own personal preference and perspective comes into play.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >