Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 06:06 AM

Buck's big day (Foster deaf BC) *pic heavy*

I love this dog! I wish I could keep him! I am seriously impressed with him. He's so calm and good. He has totally settled into being a city dog. He's put on weight, he's totally relaxed, took to the crate like he's always been in one, and hasn't messed in the house at all.

Here's some pics of Buck's morning.

First We had to wake up...

Then we had some playtime

Then some posing.

Then Oliver, Buck and I went for a walk.

Then we saw cows, and Buck surprised me, he wasn't very interested in them... considering that he was supposed to be a working dog.

We went for another walk later, with just Buck, to the off leash dog park in the city, as I wanted to test him with a bunch of different dogs...

I didn't get any pics (you all have seen enough as it is! LOL) but he did extremely well!!! I left him dragging the long line, but he stayed close and had alot of fun playing with other dogs. He got along with all the dogs, and snuggled with alot of people... He's such an awesome dog!!!

Thanks for looking everyone!!!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 06:32 AM
What a sweetheart
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Awwww, Buck is sooooo gorgeous, and he's deaf , you would think he'd be the complete opposite in a strange place with strange people, wouldn't you, not all chilled out and sooooo relaxed. I'm sure he wants to stay Sara, and as the time goes on......well, I wouldn't be surprised Great pics, he's a really beautiful dog with impeccable manners what more could you want!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Hope his new owners appreciate him, he is lovely.

rune
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
What a sweetheart
He really is! Easiest dog I've ever fostered!!!

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Awwww, Buck is sooooo gorgeous, and he's deaf , you would think he'd be the complete opposite in a strange place with strange people, wouldn't you, not all chilled out and sooooo relaxed. I'm sure he wants to stay Sara, and as the time goes on......well, I wouldn't be surprised Great pics, he's a really beautiful dog with impeccable manners what more could you want!
I've always found the deaf dogs seem to adjust easier... I was just expecting the worst seeing's how Buck is a working bred Border Collie, off a working ranch... I expected him to be squirrley!

Originally Posted by rune View Post
Hope his new owners appreciate him, he is lovely.

rune
I think she will... I spent alot of time cautioning her against the worst, so she will really appreciate how easy he is! The only bad thing about him is his lack of leash manners... but he's getting better quickly. Well and the fact that he expects to be hit, and will hit the deck if you raise your hand near him... poor guy.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 10:28 AM
He is lovely and coping very well.
I'm sure it's going to be hard letting him go.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
He is lovely and coping very well.
I'm sure it's going to be hard letting him go.
It really is. I always miss my fosters... we bond fast, but this boy is going to be doubly hard to let go, he is such a sweet boy. I love him to bits
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 12:46 PM
He is gorgeous, and sounds like such an amazing dog
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 01:04 PM
What a beauty he is.

You are doing such a great job with him I can't imagine how hard it will be to say goodbye.

You can't post too many pics either!!!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Bless him He's such a gorgeous lad Thanks for sharing x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >