register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2017, 07:17 PM
Had a great time with Mabs and Zen on the river, but I kept looking round for Lona, very strange it was, and very sad. Can't risk something happening on there, how on earth would I move her.
Hope you had a lovely day Moyra and its your birthday so you eat what you want. It is nice of Steve to want to take you though, and he's got A for Effort from me
Is it tonight Griff, or in a couple of days, you might enjoy yourself when you get there, never know
Hi LG, glad you're still with us and not in the Co-op. I'd have to buy flowers then
All quiet most of the day, couple of barks when I went to take them for walks, rest of the day not a sound. They've had lamb ribs for tea, gone very cold and put their heat lamps on low.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-02-2017, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Pie and mash that is all I fancied. He is not happy he wanted to take me out to dine.
If that's your desire then why not I must say all the hassle of getting dressed up, and the inevitable wait after ordering, and the risk of sitting next to a table full of loud mouth, half drunk, peasants, makes it only very rare for us to go out, and my birthdays are spent at home with food instantly served and with apple pie and cream for 'afters' now that's luxory
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-02-2017, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Can't risk something happening on there, how on earth would I move her.
Yes June it's something that has crossed my mind as well (with Casey having a heart condition) when we go to Knettishal Heath we can sometimes be up to 3 miles from the car.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Nah TW....not going, was supposed to be before Christmas, he bought us a blooming tassimo coffee machine instead...i only drink instant Nescafe and my parents won't use it.
Maybe lona has jarred something..hope the mcctimoney lady can help
Hi Harvey, I used to get worried taking my old girl as I was usually on my own and I couldn't lift her to carry her home
Steve text me...devestated, he was using maxs lead for molly...i guess he felt he was still with him,, he has lost it in the field...he has looked with a torch and can't find it, I said hopefully someone will hang it in a tree
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
i only drink instant Nescafe and my parents won't use it.
Hi Griff is it the Nescafe original you drink I ask because I think they have recently changed it slightly, it now has a red lid instead of the brown one and the words 'New Improved' on the label.

SWMBO is not happy because after 40 years she can tell exactly the taste and says that the new stuff with the red lid isn't quite the same as the brown lid stuff.

It's only a very small change according to her but it is different.

I would be interested to know if you can still buy the brown lid jars where you are, and if you're on the red lid jars have you noticed any difference in taste

I don't drink coffee so I'm no help to her on this one
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2017, 11:19 PM
I have seen the brown lid ones still Harvey. Not a big coffee drinker myself, I have a latte in the morning and thats it, unless I meet a friend for lunch in which case I'll have another latte after eating.
Not a sound all night, went out to check and Zen came to meet me, took her back in, they have heat lamps on and are all curled under it under a circle. Not a nice night, almost sleet here.
Great night on telly for me the last few weeks, Gary Barlow,Casualty and Taboo which I am enjoying. Lots of bad reviews but I find that if the reviews are bad it is a good watch. Loved Wolf Hall and Taboo has that same feel to it,both of them slated by the 'Ones Wot Know'
Hope Steve finds the lead, Griff. I still have Tawney's collar and no one else will ever wear it
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-02-2017, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I have seen the brown lid ones still Harvey. Not a big coffee drinker myself, I have a latte in the morning and thats it, unless I meet a friend for lunch in which case I'll have another latte after eating.
Not a sound all night, went out to check and Zen came to meet me, took her back in, they have heat lamps on and are all curled under it under a circle. Not a nice night, almost sleet here.
You might find they change to red lids soon. Eve at out local store was selling the brown lid ones at a 'special' price recently (She thought Nestle were clearing them) and now she says she can only get the new 'red' ones.

Even 'tho it's almost sleet up there I expect Zen was warm under the heat lamps. Casey has his 'bed' all made up in the car but he still gets out and lies on the grass during the night. The coldest time is always after 4am and he does go back in the car after that. I know 'cos I've been up at that time for a wee myself and he's been doing the same and then gets in the car

Off to bed now, goodnight all, see you tomorrow.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2