View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dixondog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2016, 08:58 PM
i have a 11yr old gsd bitch that i took in when she was 12mths old cos she was going to be put to sleep,she has been a pig headed hard dog that is still keeping me on my toes and a 9yr old male gsd who is trained in agility and working trails but his hips are not great now i also have a 1yr blind husky that i took in at 4wks cos he was going to be pts,and a10yr old 3 legged rottie that i took with a badly damaged broken leg,a medium crossbreed that is 12years and a bull terrier x akita that is 2yrs and who spent his first 8mths being used for dog fighting intil he got that emaciated and injured he was left for dead and i had a 13yr old gsd who was a retired police dog but i lost him last year
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Does he have a toy he like that you can hide and have him find. As that might work when you can find a person to hide. Then you can teach him find it. I have a breeding dog for the guide dogs who is very clever and I have taught her to sit and wait + to lie down and wait when I throw the ball and then to find it. You could also try stand and wait but Hovis gets muddled with that one. It takes her a while and she loves it as she is a lab crossed with a golden retriever so loves looking for things. That might help you as you have a big yard to hide things in. You could also try teaching him to find different toys on command if the first is to easy for him.

Sally (me) and Hovis ( lab x ) Ellen (my retired brood)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2