Our sister sites
Our sister sites
paw-paw
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-02-2008, 05:48 PM

advantix

HI!

we have tick problems here and now the weather is warmer they seem to be everywhere
I use to give Sammy frontline but it isn't affective against ticks that much. We never had flea problem just tick problem so I went to the vet and he told me that for the ticks here the best thing is advantix, so I bought it and he warned me I should give him this topic at night because he musn't be exposed to sunrays before the medication is dry.
Hm..but when I came home I read the information leaflet and there can be some side effects with using advantix and now I am afraid to use it I knoe this is stupid but I am just afraid, because if I give him the topic at night and than he has some complications I am just afraid he might die or something...But here ticks do carry erlichiosis so that is a danger, luckily Sammy doesn't have it (I test him yearly)
He doesn't have any known allergy to medications so he should be fine, but I am still afraid after reading the enclosed leaflet...
Does anyone use advantix on their dog? any sideeffects?
THX
JacekPacek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2008, 07:12 PM
hi
big buck as he is, nothing horrible cant happen to him. he wont die.
side effects are redness of the skin and hair loss. sometimes excessive scratching. you can eliminate this by washing it off with water if side effects occure.
also side effects are often with small dogs, rarely with large breeds.
he should not be exposed to sunlight because sunlight+advantix colours the hair brown. it is a problem with white dogs.
when next time at the vets, i reccoment that you buy Zyzek spray. it works a treat!
havent seen a tick on me or my dogs for the whole last year.
paw-paw
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-02-2008, 07:25 PM
oj
hvala
JacekPacek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2008, 07:27 PM
what?
ha ha