View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pep_Sounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Out of principal, no I wouldn't change it, but also, on a practical level, isn't there a possible issue affecting your hound's recall if you change the name he has been trained to recognise?
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by Pep_Sounds View Post
Out of principal, no I wouldn't change it, but also, on a practical level, isn't there a possible issue affecting your hound's recall if you change the name he has been trained to recognise?
Her recall is slim to none (unless it's to the sound of the dog food cupboard opening) so that's not a factor.

I know that I should stand my ground - I just also know the hints are going to start when we all meet up at Christmas and will get stronger and stronger (I think they'll come more from my mother than my cousin tbh) and it's very much expected that I give way on anything and everything within my family... part of me thinks I should just adapt the name now for a quiet life - but I know I'll be absolutely filled with resentment if I do (I already feel like I've been shoved out of the family for my cousin anyway - if they had to choose between me and her - I'm 99% sure they'd choose her).

I get constantly painted as the bad girl and failure of the family anyway - so me being viewed (and treated) as an unreasonable witch will be nothing new - just so angry that this is not my fault at all!
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2012, 08:22 PM
I would tell the lot of them to get fudged!

I seriously can not believe that someone will actually want you to change the name of your dog so they can name their child it. What the hell?!!

If it wasn't so utterly sad it would be hilarious!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-12-2012, 09:29 PM
know that I should stand my ground - I just also know the hints are going to start when we all meet up at Christmas and will get stronger and stronger (I think they'll come more from my mother than my cousin tbh) and it's very much expected that I give way on anything and everything within my family.
Hi Dizzi I don't see this as an issue for discussion, you have already named your dog and that is nothing to do with anyone else, end of story .

You are not living in the same house as the cousin are you,why does it matter if the two have the same name.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Her problem not yours. Have to ask though what is the name
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Her problem not yours. Have to ask though what is the name
Nancy - wasn't our choice of a dog name (she came with it) but she didn't really fit anything else we could come up with.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 07:44 AM
I would just say that you are honoured that she is naming her baby after your dog and leave it at that! If they are that awful to you, you are better off without them, to be honest.
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Definately a "No" from me too. Absolutely no reason to.
Good luck.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Some people can be really strange about names. My twin sister was furious when I named my son as she said she had wanted to use it for her son but had been convinced by Father to give him another name and use her chosen one as a a middle name.
So because she could not use the name I was wrong to do so?
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Defiantly NO , Nancy has had her name for years and thats what she knows, like Fivedogpam I would say how nice it was that she was naming her daughter after your dog.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >