Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pawprints
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-06-2005, 07:11 AM

Letters & packets!

The other day, the postman delivered a few letters through the box & Eddie attacked them! He ripped one before I could stop him & I shouted `no`, `leave` at him... the next day, I got the post & let him sniff the packets for the postmans scent & put them on the floor & left them for him to see. He sniffed them a few times but nothing else. This morning, the postman stopped me in his van, he spoke through the window & Eddie was fine, standing on his back legs to see him, happily .... but as soon as he saw the parcels, he went mad, growling & agitated.

How do I deal with this? I thought perhaps we could get some old letters & I could have the kids put them through the box at odd times, so I could be ready to say, `leave`, until he learns ... any idea`s anyone?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2005, 12:06 PM
I bought an external post box, as Teagan destroys anything put through the door!
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Could you leve a stash of kibble or something nice outside the door and ask the postman to post a treat as well as the mail? He might destroy the packets for a different reason though - treat searching!
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-06-2005, 01:53 PM
You could get one of the guard thingy's ( very technical I know) You put them over your letterbox on the inside and it stops the letters from falling. Like a cage only for letters.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Dinahsmum
Could you leve a stash of kibble or something nice outside the door and ask the postman to post a treat as well as the mail? He might destroy the packets for a different reason though - treat searching!
this worked for Bruno - not only for chewing the mail but also for not barking and jumping at the postlady when we saw her outside. She now carries Bruno's favourite biscuits ( her expense !!) with her and he gets them through the door and when we meet her in the street.

How nice a postlady is she !!!

dani