Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 12:36 PM

What would you choose?

This is for the future and not any time soon, but I like to research and do my planning thoroughly!!
I am planning on getting another English Setter!! (I am certified depressive so I know I am slightly 'mad' )
I was wondering what sex to get really.... I have two of each at the moment, two English boys and a Pointer girl and an Irish Setter girl. All get on so well, they play but no bickering...
I have wanted a blue belton boy for so long now, it was what Deacon was meant to be, but he decided to grow orange spots too!!
But I also fancy bringing up an orange belton girl, as haven't had a ES bitch puppy since 1985 and would like to see how different she would be to my boys...
So what would you choose?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm afraid I can't answer this for you Claire as I am as nutty as you when it comes to these setters.

Can't you just opt for both?
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I'm afraid I can't answer this for you Claire as I am as nutty as you when it comes to these setters.

Now thats not much help is it???!!!

Cos you know that will be really tempting!!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 01:02 PM
LOL excellant advice Sheree

I'm afraid I'm a sucker for the boys now so if it were me another lad but your heart will tell you I'm sure.

Now if I remember rightly the ES bitches are more independant than the boys - our Jazz certainly was! Could you cope with hanging around even more for that nosey girl to return LOL

Think its a personal preference thing - why don't you wait for that litter and then see what catches your heart - what's meant to be is meant to be.

Charlie should have been a tri-boy - Sheree will remember ha ha as she had an orange boy available when we were looking so gave me details of Charlie's breeder and what did we come away with!!! FATE takes a role
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
LOL excellant advice Sheree

I'm afraid I'm a sucker for the boys now so if it were me another lad but your heart will tell you I'm sure.

Now if I remember rightly the ES bitches are more independant than the boys - our Jazz certainly was! Could you cope with hanging around even more for that nosey girl to return LOL

Think its a personal preference thing - why don't you wait for that litter and then see what catches your heart - what's meant to be is meant to be.

Charlie should have been a tri-boy - Sheree will remember ha ha as she had an orange boy available when we were looking so gave me details of Charlie's breeder and what did we come away with!!! FATE takes a role
Now that is more practical advise!!
Tess was terrible for selective hearing and being an escape artiste... I do love the ES boys, but theres a niggle for an orange girl... think I will see what the litter holds...
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Oo how exciting!
I dont really have any advice on which to choose as Iv no experience with setters, but just want to wish you luck on finding your perfect pup
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
I agree
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I quite agree!!! If it was me it would be a dog but I do love my boys however I have been thinking recently that an older english girl might mix it up a bit!!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
Oo how exciting!
I dont really have any advice on which to choose as Iv no experience with setters, but just want to wish you luck on finding your perfect pup
Aw thanks, it won't be for awhile yet, but like to be prepared!!
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
I agree
Think I do too!!
Originally Posted by Jessi Clark View Post
I quite agree!!! If it was me it would be a dog but I do love my boys however I have been thinking recently that an older english girl might mix it up a bit!!
No thats not good advise!! My ES boys are brilliant, my ES girls were too, but more independent, but all very loving... you should get an ES girlie, the boys will love her!!