View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2009, 05:30 PM

The Joys Of Showing(gundog Breeds Of Scotland)

I can no longer do Edinburgh and back in one day, so I took two days holiday and booked myself a better quality B & B for the night before. The one I stayed in last time didnt do an evening meal and I didnt want to trail down country lanes in the dark looking for somewhere in Scotland that did veggie food on a Friday night. I found another one that did veggie food and was part of a wildlife project and accepted dogs in the room.

I got there just after 6pm just as the weather was taking a turn for the worse - strong winds and heavy rain. Rhian and I got soaked going for a walk in the pitch dark with a borrowed torch so I dried her off as best I could and put her coat on her. She went back in the car for our evening meal but had to go for another soaking dark walk before bed and we got drowned again.

Once in bed she was convinced that someone was walking past our door and every time I dropped off she sprung up and started barking at the door. In the end I put her lead on her and held her down for the rest of the night.

It was still tipping down at 6am when we got up - took her out for another soaking and the torch gave up the ghost. When I got her back, all the back of her neck was curly from having the collar on overnight. Flattened it out and put her in the car whilst I had breakfast.

Set off just before 7.30 and retraced my footsteps towards civilisation. Everywhere was flooded and I had to drive through two areas of flooding on my way towards Biggar to pick up the Edinburgh road. Then there was a third flood. It looked deeper than the others, and I wondered if I should carry on, so I changed down and revved up and went for it - mistake !! The engine faded and stopped and the flood was up to my door sills so I couldnt get out,

I rang the AA and waited. Some very kind people in a van came along, put their wellies on and towed me out of the depths until the AA man came. I was relayed home in three different AA vans. They think my car will be written off which is disappointing as I have no money to replace it. I am going to ask John the Garage in our little Welsh village to have a look at it and let me know.

I looked up the results when I got home and Rhian would have got her SBN with a chance at the RCC. What an extremely expensive shame.

I bet you cant top that for an exciting weekend !!

Thalice's Mum
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Oh Maud, poor you and Rhian and no that certainly beats my weekend!! Your poor car hope it isn't as bad as you think though..
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 05:54 PM
oh crickey, what a nightmare!

I really hope they manage to fix your car...will the insurance not pay out?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 06:11 PM
What a shame... and an expensive one at that *hugs*

x0x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 07:09 PM
What an absolute nightmare for you.

Huge Hugs

Hope your next trip to Scotland is more succesful, and that the garage man can fix the car
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Hope your garage can fix the car. I once broke down when nearly at working breeds of Scotland & had the AA tow me there. Was going to get the RAC, which I get as part of my insurance, to tow me back but it turned out to be my alternator & while I was showing the man on the gate got his friend to come & fix it. Very reasonable price too. I was so grateful. Sorry about results. Hope you get what you need really soon,