register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-03-2014, 03:09 PM
OMG Helena poor Dave, as if he hasn't got enough going on with him with the neck business.
I think he ought to get checked out personally, after all if it was ME who had done that you lot would never leave me alone till I did.
Here is my Report on the phone call to the Doctors.

Tried all morning and was being held in a queue, the best position I was in was number 3, tried again at 12 and they were closed....sooo took girlies onto the river in 2 shifts.
Its flaming cold today, was back in big coat, wooly hat etc.
To think that 2 days ago I was sat there in just t shirt and trakkie bottoms.
Came home and tried them again as it was 2.30 by then, and HURRAH!!! got through first time, explained scenario and she then went through to the doctor who wants to see me rather than just getting me a referral sent over.
Next available appointment is Thursday
after I'd picked myself up off the floor she suggested I tried the automated system, every day the automated system lets you book appointments for the next day, I explained I couldn't book one for Monday because of the Eye Clinic for son, so I am to ring it on Sunday and it will get me an appointment for Tuesday, well hopefully it will anyway.
Jenny, keep yourself warm, not surprised you've got a cold, one minute you're waist deep in water, next minute you're basking in the sun, then the minute after its freezing cold and fog!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Afternoon everyone.
Glad the toe is sorted Eileen enjoy the long weekend.
This is what is going on and so worrying for Malka.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-26566454
Glad shoes and blood tests sorted. Non eating days don't think I could manage that.
Helena goodness Dave was lucky.
Sorry you have rain still Debbie.

Eventually the fog burnt off about lunch time here and we are not meant to have more tomorrow due to a breeze. Weekend is meant to be another good one weather wise.
Birthday cake made housework done Dillon walked and played with just needs a quick groom.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Fingers crossed June the automated system does as its meant too.
Jenny hope you feel better soon.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2014, 03:27 PM
June well done for perservering (I can't spell that) with the Doctor's...

Had my Bookclub meeting last night and Eileen this will make you larf.. so everyone takes nibbles and it was lots of St Patrick's Day things etc.. so I said so who is the Irish contingent here then? and everyone looked at me confused, and I said "well seeing as how its all about St Patrick, who is Irish" and of course NONE of them are... American's love to go all green for St Patrick's, its like a National Holiday for them!

Cracks me up, and so I said well no one is celebrating St George's Day, and of course no one had even heard of him, so when I explained the Folk tale about him slaying the dragon, they said well that is silly Dragon's aren't real I just drank wine from that point onwards!!

Anyway - point is.. my neighbors will be Celebrating on Monday along with Eileen
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2014, 04:25 PM
DD...Hubby talked about going to San Fran for St Patrick's Day,to his brother,its huge other there.Then we got news of the upcoming wedding and he decided against.
Youngest with be in the parade this year( scout) Pubs are jam packed and insane so we don't even bother going out,have a few drinks in the house though
MALKA OMG Thanks LYNN for posting that... That's really frightening,stay safe Malka(( hugs))
TW fingers crossed you get to see the doc on Tuesday..or before even
We're back to really strong winds still dry though but sunshine has gone and it's very cold
Never mind..TAKEAWAY NIGHT!!
Off for a dip in the tub
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Anyone want a malteser ?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Yes please Lynn, but you can't have just one can you.....so gimme half the pack please

Nanny nap went well apart from a droning noise from down the road where they're building yet another new house in somebody's garden Of course, it's stopped now that I'm up

Dave's feeling ok except that his leg is hurting a bit, and he's got this humungous graze on the side of it near his ankle and he thinks it was that bit that bent the metal on the ladder and not his hip. He can still walk though, but his underarms don't look good either. Shame he can't have a nice hot bath isn't it

Took Zena out on a 2nd walk in the sunshine, then it all fogged over again but not for long. It's sea mist that we've got here cos I see it all blowing in, and down the town this morning was awful, yet when I got back home up on this hill, it was glorious sunshine again.

June, glad to persisted with that phone number and hopefully, you might get it brought forward to Tuesday or something. Please don't give up on it, ring them again Sunday and you never know you might even get Monday!

All gone out of my head now, but I'm going to take a look at the link you put up about Malka, it's not sounding good over there is it. I did see on the news the other night about more aggro starting but since then, nothing, but then of course, they've been concentrating on the Russian thing haven't they. Hope you stay safe Malka, must be frightening to say the least.

ETA: June, I forgot to ask, those fantastic pics you put up the other night of that horse, reminds me of the horses they use in Menorca for their Fiestas. We were in a small town one evening and this horse came galloping up the cobbled road, yes, galloping!!! He stopped for us, and my Spanish friends had a word with him, he smiled, and he did a little show for us, the horse bending down in a bow, so, so beautiful I will never forget it, then he galloped off waving his hat in the air to us! Next day he took me to a stables where they bred this particular breed, showed me a mating, and then took me in the sandschool where his friend came out on one of them and did a show for me, I still have some pics, might try and find them and put them up. These are very special horses, always black, always that long curly mane, do you know what they are called? I'll try and Google about the ones in Menorca.
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Me please! Several actually. I don't eat nothing on the starving days Lynn, I can have 500 calories on those 2 days, the rest of the week I just carry on as normal. I can manage the two days....I just couldn't stick to a diet every day. I started as I had to loose a stone to fit into the dress I'd got for my son's wedding, which was then postponed for about two years. I was determined to fit into it as it was expensive and I didn't want to buy another! I lost a stone and a quarter and have kept it off. (Wedding was on Christmas eve). I am carrying on as long as I can to slowly loose some more, it's not that bad really but it makes the day feel long lol. Tonight we are having chicken with roasted veg. Can't wait. Tomorrow I'm having choklit
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Hi guys

Quick pop in while I have a cuppa before the rush.

Malka, stay safe. Hope you and Pereg will be okay.

Helena, poor Dave *tries not to snigger*, I've done that myself, had the ladder slip out from under me and it is a sickening feeling, I'm glad it's not too bad.

Tonight, as I have said, is going to be a rush. I have to get packed, get organised, try to remember everything for Davie and for me.

So cadet weekend, I've to speak to the Battalion Duke of Edinburgh officer as well, cause our company Duke of Edinburgh officer is leaving and although I haven't been asked outright, I get the feeling I will be doing it. So fingers crossed I can get things sorted out for it all.

Monday, Pipes and drums training night (thankfully only an hour), then Tuesday night our ATC/ACF sports night. I'm REALLY looking forward to next weekend when I can collapse in a heap.

Right, off to pack. Speak to you all later on.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-03-2014, 05:35 PM
Help yourselves still a few left. I tend to be greedy with maltesers and once started find it hard to stop.
I admire your perseverance Gill.
Lorraine stay safe all your running about.
Its getting chilly out there now.

Well apparently we are not meant to have fog tomorrow due to there being a breeze this evening. No breeze so far.
I hope we don't have fog we are travelling to Harlow tomorrow to drop Joel's card, money and cake off we decided we would both go as travelling time should be 3 hours all round and spend a couple of hours with them so all in all not too long to leave Dillon.
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »