Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Afternoon all

DD, sorry to hear it's pouring down at yours, enjoy your soggy walk with your friend and her nutters. Our clocks will be going forward soon, I can never understand why we do it so far behind, when we're supposed to be part of Europe who do it the same time as you Have a lovely, lazy Sunday with the girls and Mr M

Linda, sorry to hear about your auntie, I missed that bit earlier. You're in for a nice, quiet night then if the kids have been out playing all day.

June, yes you must get yourself checked out, and see if they can do anything for you, and I'm not going to say those 4 words but you were a bit norty not going sooner. I totally agree about that woman you're on about who's pestering Lorraine That's all they worry about isn't it, their life on that social network site, or rather lack of it! Hope you managed to get the girls out in this lovely weather today.

Lynn, sounds like you had a good day, and yes, it was quite warm here too, I had to strip off to a t-shirt at 8 am this morning, 3 layers I took off!

Jenny, oh poor Rucksack, I hope as you noticed it early it won't turn into anything nasty, not to mention the horse poo. Yes, I took the camera out for you this morning, and I really wish we could have gone for a longerr walk on t'other side cos it's quite spectacular in places, but it was a hot day when you were here. I hope there's going to be another time anyway, you can have a day out darn sarf.
Love your image of Gordon, same as mine there!

Eileen, I was thinking exactly the same thing ref Gordon!! We could all pile up there, you can take your tools and do a bit of much needed diy on the old place, I can do the cooking, Sally can pour the drinks, June can feed the dogs, etc, etc. etc. there'll be a job for everyone here, and it would be our little thankyou for spending the summer months on his estate - sorted! I wonder if he'd have us??? Probably not!!!

Well, better get the washing in and shut the tailgate on the car cos the night is drawing in now. Better make a quick exit outta here too before it gets dark and the people of the night start arriving. Talking of which, Hi Sally, hope you've had a lovely day enjoying a bit of sunshine, probably painting the last of the summer house before you move in. Love to see some pics of when it's all finished, especially the interior, I bet you'll have a couple of optics on the back wall in front of that nice comfy chair

Enjoy your evening all, off for a shower and other stuff that needs doing this time of night.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Hello Harvey nice to see you.

Jenny I left it out while we were out and he left it but has been nibbling round it a while ago, I will mix more tripe to it later with his yoghurt and cottage cheese and apple cider vinegar and I am sure then it will go down ok.
I hope Rucksacks bottom will be ok and that neither suffer any repercussions from the horse pooh.

I forgot to mention earlier that the two little Cavaliers next door tried to break out from their garden into ours today. They are very yappy and I could hear some scratching this morning near the fence but didn't take any notice. I saw Dillon at one point go to the fence then jump back and do a little dance he remembers getting his nose nipped not long after we moved in. I blocked the gaps off with bricks.
Anyway I was down the garden and Gorden was near the top laughing when I got there he said look at this so Gorden, myself and Dillon watched first a nose then an eye and then an ear then a head appear through a little hole it had dug under the fence it had also managed to move the brick. I convinced it to go back and blocked the hole again I'm not worried about Dillon he would play and chase but they seem quite snappy so I would rather not encourage them to come and play.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Great idea HELENA no harm in asking and we wouldn't be any bother I'm sure Lady Gordon would be delighted to have us
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Afternoon all

Well busy (NOT) afternoon. I did do dishes, and get the washing out, but done nothing but have another Buffy-fest and do some of my discursive essay. I'm going with 'Should National Service be brought back' again.

I've only got 1300 words to write so have to be strict on myself! Argh! I've just been given a massive tome from our commandant too which was amazing and thorough and had some brilliant points. I just have to take some out and add it in.

Brian and I are sharing making the dinner, I'm doing the veg and the yorkshires, he's taking care of the roast beef (mostly cause I can't slice beef to save myself).

After dinner I'm quitting on the essay and starting on the close reading homework. Then I'm getting stuff ready for tomorrow.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Either it is the triplets or it is something I ate, but my tummy is doing all sorts of weird jumpy jumpy things.

And it 'urts.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2014, 06:33 PM
When are they due Malka, hope you're not going into labour, Pereg's not been to her midwifery lectures yet
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Don't like the sound of "jumpy jumpy things" its easy to google either..all trampolines mostly MALKA hope your ok,what were you eating?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Goodness Malka, hope you are ok. We don't want premature triplets
My neighbour is diabetic, pregnant and in hospital. Tomorrow they are doing a c section. So I will have a new little neighbour. Can't wait to meet him. Yes he is a he!

Wheres Lord Gord tonight then?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Evening all,

Peace reigns in our house again. My son had gone to take his girlfriend home and won't be back until pretty late, the dogs are asleep and so is my OH ...... either that or he's dead

Helena I missed you 'cos you've already gone and there was me thinking you were a person of the night
Lynn I hope Dillon has had a munch on his mince Your description of the little Cavies' face appearing under your fence made me laugh.

Hi to June, Lacey, Malka and Lore. I had every intention of 'chatting' to you but I've been watching Country File on TV whilst typing and now feel absolutely sick learning that Kosher slaughter is done without stunning the animal first, and the only reason behind it is that the animal has to be awake to hear a prayer that is chanted while they have their throats cut. The Royal Vet college has stated that many animals won't lose consciousness and will feel the pain as they bleed to death Apparently there is now a lot of controversy over this and a massive movement to ensure that all animals are stunned first.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 07:31 PM
My sentiments exactly there Jenny How come we have to abide by every other stupid EU rule and yet we don't have to on this one then??? I cannot believe they are letting such dire slaughterings go on in the 21st century in this country We're not even allowed to kill our pigs now without first stunning them, so WHY! Grrrrr Makes my blood boil, good job I'm in the kitchen and not listening to it all, but just heard a snippet and it made me come marching in here to vent off my feelings to poor Dave.
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »