View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 12:06 PM
LOL Gordon, do you think it wise to disturb the Memsahib from her peaceful connotations on that chaisse longe, better get it yourself, or you're a braver man than we give you credit for.

Sorry to hear you have been so barely stripped of your inherited rights that hardly get recognised nowadays, not to mention the slow demise of staff over the years, but hopefully, you are still left a couple of dutiful workers, most preferably, a cleaner and a cook, as under such dire circumstances, they would be the staff of choice for me, and you are afterall, a very wise man, I would expect no less of you.

Whatever you are at heart Gordon, commoner or not, it's very apparent that it's a very big one that you have ( refer to your heart there Gordon, nothing else, this is before the watershed hour) Now put that gun down and go and walk those poor doglets of yours
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Gordon, oh dear, your long lost millions huh? Hopefully the staff will understand

Got two loads of washing done, just have to hang them out and hope they dry before dark. Making Brian something for his lunch then going to have a wee sleep before doing anything else. Was awake at 8am, despite trying to persuade my body to let me sleep for longer - it's Sunday for goodness sake!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
The DAD Club was quite deserted with the exception of one or two hardy bar-flies, you know the sort. .................................................. ...................... even worse their ghastly brats (I can put up with the dogs - the brats less so).
Gordon - You're a braver bloke than me for venturing into the DAD Club (even if it was deserted), having been a member of this forum for a tad longer than you I feel I must point out that people have been known to go into that club and never come out but I suppose all that trainning with Lord Kitcheners outfit made you willing to risk it

Here, here, to the dogs versus brats situation
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 02:12 PM
"A few hundred acres" he says!!
Lord Gord
Now we know where to have the Dogsey Summer Party this year!
Hi all
Haven't had a read through yet,just the highlights Dinner is in the oven,just went to Marks today,so will catch up while I'm waiting.
Hubby is leaving me his old van this week,so I can have a good clear out( Ford Transit!!)the ole tranny,will have some crack in that and bonus!! I'll be getting beeped out by all the travellers( they do that alot )
Right so,am off for a read
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 02:20 PM
LS,so sorry about your Aunt,very sad..huge (( hugs))
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Beautiful day here today, says 14 degrees in the car, so double what it has been, doubt it'll reach the dizzy heights where Helena and Jenny are, to name but 2 people, but positively tropical here now.
Popped over to training to take some bones, was chatting to one of the trainers re my non appearance at classes and my still sore rib and he was saying they probably are not together as it were, they should have knitted by now and I need to go and get myself xrayed, if I don't get it done then I will be in pain forever, they can put it back in place apparently, so will reserve a half day for the outpatients dept and take a good book with me because my life is a non life at the moment and I'm annoying myself now.
Gordon, does Cook make jam roly poly and stuff like that
Lore, stop worrying about the slander thing, this woman is bored of life and looking for something to give her life meaning and status on that social networking site, a bit like the people you see on Jeremy Kyle, you've got a meaningful life and she's jealous
Off to look at Helena's piccies as I see they are up
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Morning all - pouring with rain here but apparently it is meant to dry out later and then we will have the sun for a while...

Up early this morning, even earlier as the clocks went forward!! YAY we shall have a lovely long light evening!!! walking with a friend this morning and her 2 GSP's who are completely nuts and so it will be fun! haven't seen her for ages so lots to talk about, hope 2 hours is long enough!

Sorry to miss DAD last night, I prefer to socialize during the week

LS - sorry to read about your Aunt *hugs*

Right, I am off to go let the chickens out, give the girls their breakie and have mine and then out to walk abit after.

Happy Non-Sunny Sunday xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Afternoon everyone. Linda sorry to hear about your aunt.
Gordon hope you had a nice amble with your crew in the sun.
Debbie sorry its raining again for you.
Lorraine that silly woman, I hope she gets a flea in her ear about it all.
June glad you are having nice weather too. I think you are wise to get those ribs checked they have been too long healing.

We got to Oxbourgh hall we didn't do the house just the gardens very nice walk it was too but it was a long walk and hot Gorden took his jumper off. We had to have a cream tea when we got to the tea shop.
Saw some snow drops but they are nearly finished now and quite a few daffodils. Am now sitting on the patio on a chair of course writing this and Dillon is laying on the patio.
I will be off to make a meat and potato pie in a bit. Filling cooked need to make the pastry.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Thanks Eileen, DD and Lynn - we haven't told my dad yet because he is in Ireland.

Such a great day! Lovely walk over the fields and the kids have been out on the green all afternoon and they are still out there there! Imagine all that vitamin D they are making! They sure should sleep well tonight!

I may not like it here much but that green is brilliant when you have young children. I am thankful for it today.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Good afternoon his Lordship and fellow peasants

This is my second attempt at typing a post ... the last one I have just lost I right clicked as per Malka's advice and the option didn't come up to reload my post.

So slightly more briefly this time. The dogs played out in the garden for nearly two hours this morning while I was pruning and then we all went for a walk up on to the to fields as the horses have been moved . As usual they raced around playing 'tag' but unfortunately Flash caught Rucksack's back passagewhich understandably made the poor lad scream. Its a weeny nick and was done in play, and I've cleaned it and put some Fuciderm on it. It is minute and didn't bleed as such but bearing in mind where it is I'll keep an eye on it. We all had a lovely walk in spite of the boys finding a pile of fresh horse poo to eat (about 200yrds from where we were) which will more than likely cause repercussions by morning I've just been watching England vs Wales rugby and am delighted with the final score

Gordon you are a surprise I wonder if I tell my OH that I too have an allergy to cookers and related articles whether he'd step up to the mark .... I doubt I do love reading your posts so keep them coming I have an image in my mind of you sitting at a leather topped mahogany partners desk surrounded by large oil paintings of your ancestors. Don't confirm or deny it as that is the image I'm happy with and as none of us will ever know that is just fine by me I hope you enjoyed your dog walk.
Helena I can't wait to see the photos from your walk this morning
Lynn Did you eventually manage to get Dillon to eat some mince I love the sound of his 'mound' that he lies on in the garden.

I'm going to go and put the gardening utensils away now but will pop in later.
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »