Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2012, 01:07 PM

Fed up

with this wind now. It has just demolsished my gazebo.

It was a huge gust good job Dillon was on the sofa with me.

I bought it last year with some money mum gave me and we put it up last mobt when we had that hot spell. It is too keep the back of the house shady and to sit under and somewhere cool for Dillon. Its tied nd held down with two concrete slabs we have no grass. I broke a slab and took off and hit the fence and snapped some of the metal poles.

We have managed to save the roofing but will have to chuck the frame it is no good now.

Bl**dy weather. Really had enough of it now.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2012, 01:15 PM
We've got a fence panel threatening to take flight. Bought some wood today so that OH can repair it. I'm hoping it does the job because we are looking to change the whole lot in a couple of years to concrete posts and bottom panels. We could do it now, but the fencing that's in isn't that old so it seems a waste to spend the money until we have to - especially with the cost of it these days.

The wind seems to be quite a feature this year. Seems to be every day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
We've got a fence panel threatening to take flight. Bought some wood today so that OH can repair it. I'm hoping it does the job because we are looking to change the whole lot in a couple of years to concrete posts and bottom panels. We could do it now, but the fencing that's in isn't that old so it seems a waste to spend the money until we have to - especially with the cost of it these days.

The wind seems to be quite a feature this year. Seems to be every day
I hope the fence panel stays put. Michael said he was glad he wasn't riding his bike.

We do have a big banana umbrella so that will come out if the sun ever decides to get hot enough to need it. We are going to look at our insurance policy I doubt we can claim and if we can the excess will probably make it not worth it. but worth a look.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-06-2012, 01:52 PM
No damage here Lynn, but I'm sick of this pigging weather too

Dull, grey , overcast and windy here today.

Yesterday I took Kibo out for a quick poodle round the field at lunchtime. We hadn't been 5 minutes and there was a roll of thunder followed by hailstones the size of marrowfat peas!

He bolted for the entrance to the field, thank God his recall is so good, as soon as I whistled he turned on a sixpence and came back, but my heart was in my mouth for a moment.

He gets no pleasure at all being out in the wind and rain ( nor me for that matter )

I'm hoping it picks up next weekend as there is a bunch of us going camping to Snowden for the weekend, don't fancy it much if it stays like this!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I hope the fence panel stays put. Michael said he was glad he wasn't riding his bike.

We do have a big banana umbrella so that will come out if the sun ever decides to get hot enough to need it. We are going to look at our insurance policy I doubt we can claim and if we can the excess will probably make it not worth it. but worth a look.
Watch out with insurance claims. By the time you've paid the excess and then suffered raised annual premiums, unless it's a substantial claim it just ain't worth it in the long run.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Anniebee View Post
No damage here Lynn, but I'm sick of this pigging weather too

Yesterday I took Kibo out for a quick poodle round the field at lunchtime. We hadn't been 5 minutes and there was a roll of thunder followed by hailstones the size of marrowfat peas!

He bolted for the entrance to the field, thank God his recall is so good, as soon as I whistled he turned on a sixpence and came back, but my heart was in my mouth for a moment.

He gets no pleasure at all being out in the wind and rain ( nor me for that matter )

I'm hoping it picks up next weekend as there is a bunch of us going camping to Snowden for the weekend, don't fancy it much if it stays like this!
Poor Kibo good job he is a good boy.

I hope the weather is kinder fo you next weekend if you are doing Snowdon. Gorden was up there in the wind and fog a couple of years ago it was no fun he said and frightening.

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Watch out with insurance claims. By the time you've paid the excess and then suffered raised annual premiums, unless it's a substantial claim it just ain't worth it in the long run.
Thats what we are thinking I worked in the insurance industry for about 12 years when the boys were small motor and home. We are not expecting it to be worth it but thought it might be worth checking our policy out.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Anniebee View Post

!
Pretty much what every summer in Scotland's like
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Oh no Lynn,

It's been vile here,it's really wild here,we had showers yesterday very heavy ones and very windy,today it hasn't stopped raining,it's very very windy, and it's quite cool,I have had the heating on today.......

Apparently a tree has fallen on 3 nine yr old boys whilst they were waiting to play in the cricket nets
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Oh no Lynn,

It's been vile here,it's really wild here,we had showers yesterday very heavy ones and very windy,today it hasn't stopped raining,it's very very windy, and it's quite cool,I have had the heating on today.......

Apparently a tree has fallen on 3 nine yr old boys whilst they were waiting to play in the cricket nets
Oh dear are the boys ok do you know ? The sort of thing you may hear about in the Autumn or winter and bad enough then but in the summer very worrying.

I have had to have the light on at 7pm in the kitchen to do the tea dreadful for the summer.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by celli View Post
Pretty much what every summer in Scotland's like
I know, I'm originally from Fife too
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >