Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 10:53 AM

Poor ratty with abscess...

Awww... we are transporting some wonderful siamese rats (one dumbo) from a breeder in somerset to Ireland - to a young lady who is very excited about getting them!

When they got here - one had been bitten by a cagemate - and had a lump on his back end - we thought it was just a deep scab - but 2 days later it burst and there was a lot of lovely pus nastiness... poor boy had had an abscess - which he has now popped - and all the cr*p has come out - so we have to clean it every day with hibiscrub and salt water. :smt078

He's healing really well - and it's scabed over properly now - although it is a little green - but it was a very deep open wound for a while - so we are watching for infection again - which if he gets will be rushed to vet and treated accordingly with Baytril!

Just thought i'd share! :P

xx
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 11:20 AM
I used to have a rat that got its back infected like that
Its not very nice all the pus is it :smt078
its amazing so much yuk can come out of somthing so small
Fluffybunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2005, 12:02 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwww!!

Hope ratty gets better soon!
Ambo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Flossie had an abcess on the side of her face as well. Took her and Susie to the vet on Friday. He is happy with Susie, she is no longer wheezing and he decided to try to lance Floss' abcess. She had other ideas though so he gave up and said it would burst itself :smt078

Well, I went in on Saturday morning and it had. £20 for all that and she did it herself. She is okay now and it looks okay. She has Baytril and I am just keeping it clean with salt water.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 09:15 PM
yeah - best thing to do with it basically! Good news is this little guys healed up really well and theres just a small scab in a bald patch now! we are very happy with him!

These are Freddie's brothers Ambo! they are bigger than him! :P how's he doing anyway?

xx
Ambo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Ahhh Freddie is fine thanks He is still as cute as ever.

Are you taking these from Jen? She has some lovely big rats. Leo, that died, was Freddie's and these boys' father. I think she has their uncle as well. He is a really big boy Don't think Freddie will ever get that big, bless him but he is trying with the amount of food that he puts away

He seems to have stopped grooming the other boys so much as well now. I haven't noticed anything recently I think he is just a little squirt trying to assert his authority
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2005, 09:49 PM
lol - bess him - he certainly tried to assert his authority when he was here little pipsqueak! :P

Yeah - these are from Jen - they are going to a girl called Devon in waterford tomorrow.

xx
Ambo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Ahh bless them.

And just because there can never be too many pics of my little smeeze

Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2005, 08:56 AM
FREDDERLICIOUS!!!

AWWWR... gawrsh - he is so lovely! I don't know how I'll cope without smeezes in the house now. lol - oh well back to the buffs and topaz!

That's one of my topaz rex boys!

and for good measure - as you said - you can't have too many piccies of freddie:

awww... playing in my hallway - what a gem!

xx