Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Looks great, Newcastle's a fab night out. Have a great time, knock em dead
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Ooh I like those - I would love to have the money to shop in M & S cos I saw loads of things I liked last time I was there in their per Una section. I love long skirts like that

Have a lovely time Kat
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Thanks all! We had a great night out.

The tapas restaurant had a nice atmosphere but the food was a bit bland (think most of it was ready prepared and warmed-up. We were starving though, so ate loads anyway.

We went to a few bars and ended up home at 1pm. Won't do this often though as the taxi fare back was extortionate.

Thankfully OH sorted out Willow this morning so I could lie in .
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Glad you had a lovely time Katrina. I hate to ask this cos I know I will get some stick - but whats a 'tapas' restaurant (I don't get out much )
sam1984
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Have a good night! I love that top! Think I might have to buy it!
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Glad you had a lovely time Katrina. I hate to ask this cos I know I will get some stick - but whats a 'tapas' restaurant (I don't get out much )
Hi Foxy. Tapas is Spanish-style bar food, usually served in little bowls.

Here's the interesting bit. The word 'tapas' means 'lid'. Years ago, Spanish barkeepers used to put a slice of stale bread on the top of mens' beers, to stop the flies getting to it.

The blokes used to eat it and before long it became popular to serve bar snacks called tapas. You still see it now in Spain and often in Italy, when they bring little bowls of olives out to eat with your drink.

Last night we had tortilla (omlette, one plain, one with meat in), spicy potatoes, lamb something-or-other (for my friend), tomato and feta salad, mushroom ball-things, and a couple of other dishes. Really nice to pick at over a few glasses of wine.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 12:33 PM
both look lovely and i'm sure you will look great

I was out with work in Newcastle last night, Italian first then a wander/stagger around the quayside

Is it the tapas next to the Pitcher and Piano you are going to? I've been there a couple of times, its really nice if thats the one
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Yes it was that one . We had a couple of drinks at the P&P first, then after eating we walked along to the Quilted Camel, then the Cooperage. Which restaurant did you go to? I bet we passed each other at some point

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
both look lovely and i'm sure you will look great

I was out with work in Newcastle last night, Italian first then a wander/stagger around the quayside

Is it the tapas next to the Pitcher and Piano you are going to? I've been there a couple of times, its really nice if thats the one
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Katrina342 View Post
Yes it was that one . We had a couple of drinks at the P&P first, then after eating we walked along to the Quilted Camel, then the Cooperage. Which restaurant did you go to? I bet we passed each other at some point
We went to coco Mo's then some bars on the quayside but not sure which ones your right we probably passed each other.... I got the OH to pick me up though
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >