Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 10:01 PM

Camera & batteries

I have a kodak camera and i put duracell batteries in it last week and i always remove them after use, i have used the camera about 3 times since i put them in only for a about 2 mins each time and my batteries are done already, it really peeing me off because im out a fortune on batteries, so just wanted to know if anyone elses camera uses up so many batteries and if any one can recommend any camera that dont use them up so fast for future reference because im really not liking the camera now
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 10:05 PM
They swallow them, you need to get some rechargable ones.
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Thanks i never botherd before because i always blamed the camera and was looking at different cameras rather than different batteries i'll have a look at rechargeable ones tomorrow.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Tori View Post
Thanks i never botherd before because i always blamed the camera and was looking at different cameras rather than different batteries i'll have a look at rechargeable ones tomorrow.
I use rechargeable ones and they are brill , While one set is charging you can take loads of pics x
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Our old camera was the same. We needed Shares in Duracell to run the thing !! I think OH bought Lithium ones or something like that. I just bought a new camera, it was easier
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2008, 10:20 PM
I would try a different brand of battery and see if they are still running out as quick, if so maybe get the camera checked, I have had a few cameras running on normal batteries and non have run out that quick
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2008, 10:22 PM
my first digital was a Kodak which had a "dock" that you put the camera on to re-charge - it was the business
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Mine won't last an hour on normal batteries but lasts all week on rechargeables (depending on useage). I have 10 rechargeables (my camera takes 4) so I can charge more up while using the others. Not sure how long rechargeables 'live' but i've had the same batteries now for over a year and no problems. x
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 11:11 PM
we had a coolpix and one set of rechargeable would take about 200 pics! an entire holiday!

that broke after about 3 yrs so my mum got us a canon and i swear on my rechargables(same as i used in previous camera) it will take about 10 pics and then switch itself off saying replace batteries!
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Thanks everyone, really helpful. Im going out today and have a look a different batteries and try the rechargeables, hopefully this will work.