Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2006, 11:38 PM
I live for my breakfast!
Every morning i have 2 weetabix with 1 small banana chopped with it in skimmed milk
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-07-2006, 08:33 PM
I am ashamed to say I have 2 or 3 cups of tea each with 3 heaped spoons of sugar accomapnied by a couple of ciggies

My son has a fresh fruit salad.. apples, bananas, grapes and strawberries.. sometimes with fromage frais.. occasionally marmite on toast.. or cheese on toast..and water to drink or fruit juice with added vitamins..

Rachel
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Not a particularly big eater of breakfast.

If I do it's usually scrambled egg made with butter and milk.

You could offer me 100 rep points and I just wont be able to eat what you do. Too many carbohydrates. I've only gotta see anything with carbohydrates and I put on half a stone
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 09:05 PM
If I do eat breakfast, it's either organic granola with natural live yogurt or scrambled eggs with smoked salmon.

If and when I can be bothered, I sometimes mix fresh fruit to the granola.

Azz, you tell me where I can get the stuff on your brekkie list, and I'll give it a go for a week. I'll even show the reciepts to prove it

Ooo, I do like a challenge
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Breakfast:

banana and (unsweetened) soya-milk milkshake
pot of green tea

Healthy because:

Fruit sugar to wake me up, protein to help keep blood sugar levels stable. Soya products are great for regulating hormone levels, so important in this world of endocrine-disrupting chemicals (there's the environmental chemist in me), and I cannot bear the smell of cow's milk I'm told green tea is full of antioxidants, but to me it's just a source of caffeine which doesn't fizz and screw my teeth, and doesn't make me cough (normal tea).

A few points regarding other people's posts:

Stewart - don't take other people's word about goat's milk. You might love it, but it makes me yak

Azz - I am very impressed with the sound of your breakfast, and may try it myself for no rep. points at all. I do think you sound a bit fat-phobic though, don't forget it's not all bad

Frances - instead of mullerlights try Asda's rip-off version - cheaper, and who wants gelatine in a yoghurt

Wolfie - looking forward to your report of Azz's breakfast, do watch out if you haven't had linseeds before though. They're sooo good for you, but the results can be a bit of a surprise to the uninitiated
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2006, 10:31 AM
My weekday breakfast is a glass of water
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by duboing
[B]

Stewart - don't take other people's word about goat's milk. You might love it, but it makes me yak
I'll second that, it's no good for me as it does contain lactose. Many people are lactose intolerant but it's not so common in the caucasian races who were first to domesticate cattle, so evolved a tolerance.

I couldn't handle Azz's breakfast anyway as I'm also gluten intolerant......and soya
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2006, 11:24 AM
erm, just had a kitkat (chunky) so as its the first thing ive eaten today, i guess its my brekky
KatieB_23
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Some very healthy breakfasts you all eat - and some very unhealthy ones!

I have bran flakes mixed with one weetabix plus a load of sultanas.
(I never get sultana bran cos the sultanas in that are rubbish, its better just to add your own nice ones)

It's the only thing that fills me up until lunch!

On fridays I treat myself to coco pops cos I know I'll probably have something naughty at work mid-morning!

At weekends we have cheese and ham on toast with baked beans - it sounds strange but absolutely gorgeous! And again, it keeps you full for ages!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by KatieB_23
At weekends we have cheese and ham on toast with baked beans - it sounds strange but absolutely gorgeous! And again, it keeps you full for ages!
Yummy! Well, not so much the ham (I'm a veggie), but I love cheesy baked beans
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >