Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 10:50 PM
good luck steve - stick with it

My grandad went completely cold turkey and that was 20 years ago - he hasnt smoked since. my nonna took ages and developed such an addiction to murray mints that she put on about 3 stone - but always used to say that if someone offered her a million pounds to smoke again - she wouldnt do it.

kepp at it mate - it will be the best thing you ever do - and think how healthy Vegas will be without ciggies too!!!
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
This was the deciding factor Vicki.Last week while sorting out some paperwork with a work friend-i noticed we both stank of smoke.
If smell is your main incentive Steve, how about putting some old butts and ash in a jar with a little water. When you feel like a somke, unscrew the lid and take a deep breath, the smell will knock you sideways!!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Well done Steve!

When I quit last year, to help with cravings I found chewing gum really good, and also peanuts.

If I was drinking I craved more, so if I was at home what I would do was cut a couple of carrots and some celery into little sticks and had a munch on one every time I craved a cigarette. That way I didn't gain weight and stayed healthy

The best thing by far is to keep yourself so busy that you don't have time to even think about having a cigarette Although Ashlady's suggestion is pretty good

PM me if you want to chat - I know how hard it is! I quit on September 20th last year and my sister joined me at the beginning of december! and I feel great So keep it up... think how nice it will be to wake up after a night out and not get 'cigarette hangover'!
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Steve it's my first day as well but I'm useing patches and this lot

I went down from 20 to 30 a day to 10
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
I have had a grand total of 3 ciggies today (at 11.30am/3.30pm & 7.30pm) which isnt anything like the 20-25 i would normally smoke during a normal day and am presently going out of my mind.

I dont wanna start eating choccy to alleviate the cravings cause im trying to eat more healthy (like chicken & rice) during meal times.

Any ideas???

Yes I will come round with the pink fluffy handcuffs and handcuff your hands behind your back for a week or two and then you will be totally cured

Have you tried the nicotine patches because I have heard some people say that they work? or the chewing gum?

I wouldn't have thought a bit of choccy would do you any harm whilst you are trying to forget about the ciggies - you can always battle the chocolate once you have won the fight with the ciggies (and the chocolate won't cost as much ) Go on - treat yourself to one of those massive big bars of chocolate - you deserve a treat for kicking the habit
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by rob
Steve it's my first day as well but I'm useing patches and this lot

I went down from 20 to 30 a day to 10

Oh my goodness - its KOJAK
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-02-2006, 06:19 PM
lol-Robs method would be ideal for someone with a sweet tooth-i havent unfortunately!

Today,has been a bit better with the cravings and only had one ciggie at 2.00pm.Been chewing gum all day and unfortunately it has now made my teeth hurt!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2006, 09:15 PM
ive been smoke free for about 10 weeks now (forget how long ) and feel so much better for it, my clothes are fresher my sense of smell and taste has improved the smell of smoke now eryuk ive got extra money to spend wake up in the morning with out that horrible burning feeling in my lungs. i use patches,in fact i only use them during the day now,i havent got a patch on now i was sucking extra strong mints or smints,but they have a nasty side effect, they give u cronic wind and couple that with a sense of smell but go n see your nurse at the docs they should run a smoke free sessions. good luck with it
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
Steve, firstly congratulations on having a go. I'll be joining you shortly (until the weight piles on of course )

A friend of mine did it cold turkey and everytime she wanted a ciggy she drank a glass of water, it took the craving away a little and did wonders for her skin
This is what I did - have given up 3 yrs now (after smoking for 19 yrs).

Good luck Steve
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Im gonna have to use patches cause im unbearable in the evening,but thankfully Vegas is very forgiving and lays on sofa away from me! I havent been sleeping well at night and been waking up several times.I've had a few puffs since wednesday (not a whole ciggie) and each time-i feel very dizzy,but still need it to relax me which is why i think the patches will help.

Anyway,must go and grind my teeth again...
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »