Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
I know the terror factor going into a scan only too well.

What I found that actually did help a bit was trying to think that I was just going in to whatever fate had decided was going to happen this time. At 6 weeks on mine (I've got an uncooperative case of innards so I'm a nightmare to scan early on) all they found was a "probable" heartbeat mind - which was confirmed as definite the following week - so be prepared that it might not be 100% stop or go at that point and don't get too hung up if they can't give you a definite answer yet (don't you HATE how so much of early pregnancy is just leaving you to cook the bun in the oven and see what happens?!)

Rooting for ya cos I know how it feels only too well. I'd say try not to worry and over analyze every twinge going - but I know that's impossible so try not to do it TOO much!
Totally spot on! I think last time they only saw a heartbeat at 8 weeks, so I'm definitely not expecting one this time. At the very least though I hope they do my bloods, because clear blue digi is playing some wicked mind games with me! Must. Stop. Testing!

xx
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Stay away from the tests - they cost a fortune and achieve nothing - and you KNOW this girl!

I've got a titled uterus so scan badly in the early stages anyway. No one's done my bloods and I've been going in for weekly reassurance scans - it's just been a scan "it's fine, you don't have my permission to worry yet, see you next week" type deal.

Life would be so much easier if we just had TV screens fitted on our abdomens like the Teletubbies.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Best of luck , hope everything goes well xxx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Stay away from the tests - they cost a fortune and achieve nothing - and you KNOW this girl!

I've got a titled uterus so scan badly in the early stages anyway. No one's done my bloods and I've been going in for weekly reassurance scans - it's just been a scan "it's fine, you don't have my permission to worry yet, see you next week" type deal.

Life would be so much easier if we just had TV screens fitted on our abdomens like the Teletubbies.
I know. I'm dreadful. Of course the fact that it hasn't moved from 1-2 weeks in over a week means something is wrong

Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
Best of luck , hope everything goes well xxx
Thank you xx
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Stop testing! Try and distract yourself until you can have some medical reassurance
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 09:27 PM
I'm trying. Promise I am!

xx
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2011, 12:46 AM
Do not test do not pass a place selling such tests such as chemists or selling aisles in supermarkets. Wait until you see the Doctor/nurse someone. Do not try to second guess nature.....Oh yes everything crossed here for you.......Try not to worry to much,please it does no one least of all you any good.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2011, 04:43 PM
I should learn to trust my instincts.

Thanks for all the vibes but I've miscarried again today. The scan on Friday will say for sure but I know I have.

Thanks again everyone xx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Sorry to hear that Pidge
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2011, 05:24 PM
so sorry xxxx
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »