Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 06:50 AM
I am so sorry for your sad loss xxx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 07:28 PM
I don't think it's quite sunk in yet. I mentioned ''the baby'' to the Estate Agent today and burst into tears once I'd realised what I said.

Did most of you who miscarried fall again successfully straight after, or did it take time?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-08-2011, 08:06 PM
I think that depends on the individual.

In my case I lost a baby very early it wasn't even a fully formed baby. It was inbetween Mark my eldest and having my second Michael. I decided I didn't want another baby I was lucky enough to have one and couldn't face the heartache again. That was in the March a few days before my birthday I found out I had lost the baby.

I was in the town in the summer and a friend had her second baby and I went home and decided I did want to try again and in the April of the next year Michael arrived. No problems at all.

Take time to grieve but never give up hope.
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2011, 08:15 PM
It took me about 5 months. But I did catch chicken pox during those few months so ttc was last thing on my mind.
They used to recommend you wait 3 months before trying again but I don't thing anyone ever does.
Everyone is different but hopefully it won't take you too long.
Thinking of you.

Chris xx
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2011, 08:19 PM
so sorry for your loss.
i lost one of my twins at 10 weeks although i never knew i was carrying twins until i lost it. i always think ther must have been something wrong to loose it that was my way of coping as i had to have fertility drugs to get preganant in the first place.
although you have lost your baby your hormones are still there so give yourself time to grieve and hope you fall again easily xx
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 08:21 PM
*hugs*

Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I don't think it's quite sunk in yet. I mentioned ''the baby'' to the Estate Agent today and burst into tears once I'd realised what I said.

Did most of you who miscarried fall again successfully straight after, or did it take time?
I waited to try again hunny, for nearly a year.. after my initial feeling of 'I need a baby right now' and some idea that I needed one before my original due date and desperately trying to get pregnant unsuccessfully for 2 months, i actually had a bit of a wobble and all of a sudden I was too scared it would happen again so soon and I wouldn't cope, and also other things that were going on in life, so I decided I wanted to wait to make sure I was over it. But as soon as we started trying again, we were lucky and it did happen the first month, I kept off the pill for the break so as not to mess up my system, so that might have helped.

My consultant told me I didn't need to wait at all, a scan showed everything was fine very quickly, I had a natural mc and no medical intervention. Like I say, just other reasons I waited.

Good luck, I'm sure it will happen very soon for you both xxx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Hello pidge,
again so so sorry for your loss.

I lost 3 babies in quick succession and I do think part of that was because we didnt wait inbetween

I lost the first at 13 weeks, and then immediately we started trying again, and lost one at 9 weeks and then the last at 6 weeks, after that we decided to wait a few months and tried again and we got lovely Luca,

So i would definetly try to give yourself at least 2 months before trying again.

Take care of yourself hunny,xxx
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 10:25 PM
I miscarried at 10 weeks and was pregnant again within 4 months, in spite of advice to wait longer. That pregnancy went full term with no problems.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Oh Em I'm so so sorry. I'm heartbroken for you Thinking of you hun. Your time will come sweetheart.....you'll be a mum one day xxxx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Thanks everyone, thank you for sharing your stories.

I guess it does seem to be a very individual thing then. I think, once the pain and bleeding passes we will try again, but I am not expecting it to happen right away. I think I'll trust that my body will fall again when it's ready but I will give it my best shot in the meantime. I certainly don't want to wait too much longer at my age.

I'm very much the sort of person who copes better when I have things to focus on and crack on with, so we're going to put our house on the market (doing it up this week) and then focus on moving into a bigger house.

The tears come at very random times, but I keep getting so many messages of support from people it just makes it all the more comforting. I'm also very lucky to have such a wonderful husband. He's talking to me about how he feels, asking me how I feel and listening to anything I want to say without judgement. He keeps me busy when I need to be distracted and let's me rest when I need to.

Woody is also being a very good boy and spends a lot of time sleeping by my side.

I am blessed with my boys and friends and family xx
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >