Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2007, 02:53 PM

Inconsiderate parents

Some people drive me mad!......This is going to be a rant sorry!

With the nice weather we've been having recently, me and a friend decided to take minnie down to our local park yesterday.

It was really busy with the kids being off and all. Well anyway, we let Minnie off as she doesnt go far, she just snifs around minding her own business. She is nervous with strangers, usualy she will avoid them if they try and stroke her. Out of nowhere three children came up to us and started trying to stroke her. Their parents were nowhere in sight and they didnt ask me if they could stroke her. Its my belief that it should be drummed into children to ask any owner of a dog if they can stroke it just in case.

Anyway, the kids kept trying to stroke her and started running around after her, she then started barking at them and ran under the bench we were stting on. I told them that she was nervous with strangers and thought they may get the hint and leave. One then began trying to poke her with a stick while the other two proceeded in crawling under the bench to stroke her again! Minnie obviously not appreciating this unwanted attention started growling, i quickly put her lead on and put her on my lap to try and stop them from pestering her. They were still trying to touch her at this point and she actually went for the one little girl. We then got up and left as the situation was getting out of hand.

Throughout all of this the parents were nowhere to be seen! Im sure that if Minnie had bitten one of them they would have been quick enough to complain. I dont see why i should risk minnie having to be PTS because of some inconsiderate parents
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

14-04-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm afraid my language to the children would have been very basic and to the point, and to the parents if they had shown up. How anyone can be surprised that children do get bitten when they behave so badly is totally beyond me,
but I think you would be wise in future not to let minnie run free if there are any children around - Kath
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 03:13 PM
agree with kath ...........they sound like little horrors you were wise to keep her on a lead with children about
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
I'm afraid my language to the children would have been very basic and to the point, and to the parents if they had shown up. How anyone can be surprised that children do get bitten when they behave so badly is totally beyond me,
but I think you would be wise in future not to let minnie run free if there are any children around - Kath
she is usualy very good with children. i have an 18 month nephew whom she absolutely adores. She wont bother anyone when off the lead but i do understand children can be unpredicatable and will be keeping her on the lead when at the park in future. Its such a shame she has to suffer because of a few unruly kids
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by ebrcknrdg View Post
she is usualy very good with children. i have an 18 month nephew whom she absolutely adores. She wont bother anyone when off the lead but i do understand children can be unpredicatable and will be keeping her on the lead when at the park in future. Its such a shame she has to suffer because of a few unruly kids
I think what you meant to say is 'she is usally very good with WELL BEHAVED children'. That's the difference. I'd growl if some ill mannered snotty nosed little s*d was trying to poke me with a stick too!
Think I'd want to find the parents and poke them with a stick too!
Can't stand stupid people
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
I think what you meant to say is 'she is usally very good with WELL BEHAVED children'. That's the difference. I'd growl if some ill mannered snotty nosed little s*d was trying to poke me with a stick too!
Think I'd want to find the parents and poke them with a stick too!
Can't stand stupid people
Yes youre right, thats what i meant! Theres some stupid people about for sure
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 04:11 PM
If it wasn't for the stupid nanny state, I'd be chasing those kids off with a very large stick!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Yes youre right, thats what i meant! Theres some stupid people about for sure
Drives me nuts!

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
If it wasn't for the stupid nanny state, I'd be chasing those kids off with a very large stick!
Yep me too Vicki, zero tolerance from me. When Cassie was a pup some little toe rag kicked a football at her from about a foot away. OH clipped him round the ear as no one was about. She's still afraid of footballs now
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Drives me nuts!

Yep me too Vicki, zero tolerance from me. When Cassie was a pup some little toe rag kicked a football at her from about a foot away. OH clipped him round the ear as no one was about. She's still afraid of footballs now
Poor cassie! Minnies scared of bikes now as some idiotic child raced after her on one a couple of months back. Id have love to have poked them with a stick but i wouldnt have gotten away with that as it was so busy! Im bet someone would have been fast enough to step in then
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Poor cassie! Minnies scared of bikes now as some idiotic child raced after her on one a couple of months back. Id have love to have poked them with a stick but i wouldnt have gotten away with that as it was so busy! Im bet someone would have been fast enough to step in then
The kid was about 14, stopped OH to ask the time and when OH stopped to tell him, his mate kicked the football at her. He came off the worst though and when he said he was going home to tell his dad, OH said 'make sure you tell him the whole story' Never heard a peep
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >