View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2004, 10:35 PM
sorry- dont mean to worry you but whenever anyone posts about Insurance there are always negative comments for E&L
poor payers etc
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2004, 10:38 PM
Hmm, yes now my memory is working Clarence is right bad things have been said about E&L and payment.

Sorry Azz
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2004, 06:05 AM
I'm with Tesco, very quick to pay out and it covers me for 1 million pound liability and I pay £20something a month for both dogs. Covers 4 advertising and a reward if dogs go missing.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2004, 06:15 AM
Sorry Azz, have not heard anything good about E & L but they are not alone. Over the years I have got so fed up with Pet insurance companies that I no longer insure my hounds after they are 1 year old. Put the money into an online saving account instead and after about 18 months I have enough to cover most things although I have paid all my vets expenses out of the account in that time, including routine things like boosters that insurance does not pay you for.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

25-07-2004, 05:39 PM
*get even more worried*
I am going to go thro the TnCs to make sure I havent missed anything but they did sound quite good at the time..

I can see how your sytem may work for you as you have quite a few dogs and say for eg £15 pm times 6 dogs is a lot of money!! How many Dogs have you got Thords I cant remb!?

I also think we get ripped off over unnesc annual boosters! but thas another story!
jap
Dogsey Junior

25-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Hi Azz

If I were you I would change from E&L.

I had Rogue insured with them and the minute I needed to claim, they would not pay out on her treatment as it was a life long condition (OCD) this was not listed in the paperwork as a condition they would not cover. I paid £30.00 a month for Rogue and have had nothing but trouble.

We actually worked out that for the amount we had paid in, it was far more than the treatment we tried to cliam for.

This company was recommended by our breeders too.

This company are rude, very unhelpful and murder to claim from.

Sorry but this is just our experience with them.

Jane
Rogue Kennels.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

25-07-2004, 08:35 PM
I am definately going to go thro the terms and conditions now! One of the reasons I went with them was because they knew what a Presa Canario was! Half the others didnt even list them!

Thanks for the help guys..
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2004, 09:11 PM
I spoke to a man today who had his three dogs insured with EL and he had trouble too when his G/S was diagnosed with (OCD) too and he does not reccomend them.
Sorry Azz
Karen
liberty
Dogsey Senior

25-07-2004, 10:41 PM
I'm with 'more than' for liberty, they paid out promptly, no questions asked, when I had to claim.

Sorry Azz but have only heard bad things about E&L...might be worth a rethink.

libsx
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2004, 06:30 AM
Have heard so many stories about E & L finding some spurious reason for not paying out, and even though some people manage to argue their way through and get the payout, it is often at a time when we do not want to deal with anything other than our sick dog, so to my mind they think that making things as difficult as possible so people give up and in a lot of cases they will get away with it.

Only have 4 hounds at the moment, and OH would like to keep it that way, we shall see, mind you I am thinking that may be a smaller breed would be a good idea, but it would have to be very like my beloved Elkies.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >