Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 11:43 AM

Harrassment - Death threats

Regarding my daughter

She has a really nice boyfriend,who went out with a girl who lives in our street and is 3 years older than my daughter.
Anyway this girl will not leave my daughter and her boyfriend alone.
She has been texting her boyfriend so he sent her a message via a social network site, asking her to stop because he is now with Lizzie (my daughter).
This girl sent a message back saying
Tell Lizzie if she's not careful with that mouth of her's she is going to end up somewhere she will regret and it won't be me doing the dirty,so her boyfriend responded by saying she needed others to do her dirty work,
the next message from this girl was quite distressing,it read,Your wrong I can take on that two faced bitch anytime and the people who will be with her,and she won't live to tell the tale and that is the truth she will be dead literally,so if she has a death wish let her carry on

I have the messages saved saved to my pc and screen shots,Lizzie also has them saved and so does her boyfriend.
Her boyfriends Mum has picked her up about 10 mins ago and I have had a quick chat about it,she is going to print off the messages to put in with the letters he has been receiving demanding money.

This girl is point blank refusing to leave Lizzie and her boyfriend alone and I know her boyfriends Mum has spoken to her parents but obviously it's had no effect whatsoever and her behaviour is starting to esculate.

I am considering ringing the police and getting them to pay her and her parents a visit,Lizzie isn't that bothered but I am and I'm not sure what this girl is capable of or what she is going to do next
Am I overeacting ?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Nope---I'd ring the police.

rune
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Being a teenager I don't think this girl has anything more than a loose gob and a very high opinion of herself....

That said I would nip it in the bud now and contact the police just incase.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Well, you could be overeacting, but I'd still report it to the police.

Put it this way...if you report her and it turns out she's harmless, then so what? But if you don't report her and she really is capable of carrying out these threats, you could regret it.

Just one other thing though, it would be worth having a good chat with your daugther beforehand...the wording of the girl's texts suggests that your daughter has been saying things too - now that could all be lies, but it would be better to find out whether your daughter has also said anything threatening (verbally or by text etc) before going to the police.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Being a teenager I don't think this girl has anything more than a loose gob and a very high opinion of herself....

That said I would nip it in the bud now and contact the police just incase.
I thought that too,still do but this girl is nearly 18,so should know better than to make those sort of threats.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Lizzie did send her a message asking her to leave her and her boyfriend alone and to stop texting,this girl said that she wanted to hear it from lizzie's boyfriend that's why he sent a message via the social networking site.
Having seen them they were polite and just said stop texting me,I'm with Lizzie now,I don't think they expected to get messages come back like that although this girl does seem very unpredictable.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Lizzie did send her a message asking her to leave her and her boyfriend alone and to stop texting,this girl said that she wanted to hear it from lizzie's boyfriend that's why he sent a message via the social networking site.
Having seen them they were polite and just said stop texting me,I'm with Lizzie now,I don't think they expected to get messages come back like that although this girl does seem very unpredictable.
Even if Lizzie had 'antagonised' this girl (which doesn't seem to be the case) it still wouldn't justify a death threat, its just you're better to know exactly what was said before involving the police. But as it is, I think this girl seems to have lost the plot. I don't see what harm having a chat to the police could do?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Ring the police. I was listening to a radio programme not so long ago about the first person to be jailed for making death threats on [a social network].......that too was a girl .This is something the police should take seriously. Goo dluck.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 02:21 PM
I would call the police and ask them to have a word,

the bit that concerns me is...
I can take on that two faced bitch anytime and the people who will be with her,and she won't live to tell the tale and that is the truth she will be dead literally,so if she has a death wish let her carry on
the lot of that is rather odd, but the bit that would worry me is the bit I highlighted, it sounds like they go round in groups,
Now in my mind when groups of girls kick off things can and do get quickly out of hand,
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks Rach,
Shona, Lizzie has a few girls who she walks to and from school with,they are lovely girls and she does sleep over at there house from time to time.They are all the same age 14,now the girl who is pestering them is nearly 18 and goes around with girls of that age group,so that is rather concerning.

I just don't understand why this girl is so persistant both Lizzie and her boyfriend have asked her to leave them alone,they have also blocked her and reported her to the social networking site.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >